Emma
Georgia
Violet
Sybil (DH detests this!)
Penelope
Natalia
Imogen
Isabella

What are your opinions? Also looking for a middle name. Surname is Millard.
Thank you!
Katherine x

Awwlookatmybabyspider Wed 01-Feb-17 14:46:54

Beatrice Olivia Millard
Emma Grace Millard.
Georgia Nicole Millard
Violet Sophia Millard
Sybil Jane Millard
Penelope Charlotte Millard
Natalia Frances Millard
Imogen Laila Millard
Isobella Darcie Millard

I like Isobella Georgia Natalia. Emma.
Beatrice and Emma.

Sugarpiehoneyeye Wed 01-Feb-17 15:23:04

Isabella Violet Millard
Emma Rosalie Millard
Imogen Eloise Millard.
Rosanna Katherine Millard 😄

Babasaclover Wed 01-Feb-17 15:28:22

Love Penelope - this was on my short list. Penny when young and Penelope in case she has important job in future like prime minister!

I Named my daughter Elizabeth. Beth for now and Elizabeth for that all important job in the future 😉

Awwlookatmybabyspider Wed 01-Feb-17 15:40:06

What if never wants to be known as Elizabeth, though.

Babasaclover Wed 01-Feb-17 15:51:29

It's ok if she chooses not to. She was named after my husbands nan so it has nice sentimental to have the proper name. We did name her always intending to call her Beth. She suits it well ☺️

beautyandthebump Wed 01-Feb-17 16:49:17

What lovely names! I think your surname has a nice easy sound to it too that would lend itself to most names. (I am envious as mine certainly isn't and has ruled out many names that I otherwise love sad )

Beatrice is on my shortlist too, could be shortened to Bea of course. Cordelia is another I love. Sadly DH not currently keen on either and I can't decided between the two! 😂

katherine775 Thu 02-Feb-17 13:24:33

Thank you for all replies!
I'm thinking I'm liking Beatrice - shortened to Bea, and Penelope best at the moment. My mum has told me that Natalia / Isabella / Violet are too "over the top".... what do you think?
Ps - I especially love Penelope Charlotte as someone suggested above😃

Sugarpiehoneyeye Thu 02-Feb-17 16:01:44

Penelope Charlotte is lovely Katherine.

KlingybunFistelvase Thu 02-Feb-17 16:06:24

I like Beatrice, Penelope and Emma best, but they are all nice names - I quite like Sybil too but I'm guessing it will be vetoed by your DH. Is it the fawlty towers thing maybe?

Mum8 Thu 02-Feb-17 16:08:16

Imogen and Georgia sound nice with your last name. Other names also nice but like these two the best with Millard

Mum8 Thu 02-Feb-17 16:09:25

Beatrice Millard also a good combo

katherine775 Thu 02-Feb-17 16:32:11

I think the reason he doesn't like Sybil could be to do with the fawlty towers! Shame as I quite like it as it isn't too common.
Mum8 ~ Imogen Millard does sound good... and Beatrice Millard😃
I really need to narrow down my options... are there any that should be eliminated, do you think??

KlingybunFistelvase Thu 02-Feb-17 16:35:34

I think I have the same taste as your mum as Violet, Isabella and Natalia are the names I'd take off the list if it were me.

Another suggestion (not that you asked for it sorry) is Ingrid. I love it and it's a little bit like Imogen but not anywhere near as well used.

katherine775 Thu 02-Feb-17 17:02:27

Yes, I think I'll take those off the list. (Plus, I could never name my child something that my mum doesn't like.)
Ingrid is lovely! Never thought of that before😃
Anymore suggestions / opinions?

user1459464195 Fri 03-Feb-17 22:45:02

I really like Natalia Millard and Violet Millard. I'd lose Emma as Emma Millard is an awful lot of 'm'.

GreatScot8 Sat 04-Feb-17 02:01:02

I like:
- Georgia
- Violet
- Penelope
- Isabella

I dislike:
- Beatrice
- Sybil (agree with your DH on this one - don't see the appeal at all, but that being said, the only Sybil I know is one who used to live above me; she was a chain-smoker and owned an albino ferret)

Others:
- Emma - I prefer Emily, but Emma makes a nice break from the current trend of names. It's timeless, easy to spell and pronounce. It's not very popular at the moment, which is always good
- Natalia - I don't mind this, but it's very Russian (stands out from your list), and is likely to be shortened to Nat, which is awful.
- Imogen - Objectively, this name is lovely and the Shakespearean connection is great, but I just can't make myself love it. I do love Immy as a nickname though. smile

I like Georgia Violet the most as a combination. Followed by Georgia Penelope.

katherine775 Sun 05-Feb-17 19:05:41

Loving Georgia at the moment smile

katherine775 Sun 05-Feb-17 19:17:34

Hi everyone! Made a new thread with our three final choices:
Georgia, Penelope and Violet.
Please vote and suggest a middle name😃
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/baby_names/2847029-Georgia-Penelope-or-Violet?watched=1

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now