Talk

Advanced search

Does our chosen name sound like 'Noel Edmonds'?

(15 Posts)
MrsDO88 Fri 20-Jan-17 16:07:31

Even if it does, it isn't the end of the world, is it?

Our son is here - we had decided on Noah Edmund (first and middle name) before we even knew he was a boy! We told people his name, when we announced the birth of him, and my mum replied with "oh, like Noel Edmonds?" confused she then said that she was only kidding, but then my best friend sent a picture of the guy! Is it really that obvious?

sad thanks...

mrsclaus100 Fri 20-Jan-17 16:10:18

No it really isn't that obvious. Plus how many times do you just say first and middle name?? It would normally be said with the surname too so would be absolutely fine........unless your surname is houseparty of course!!

TheNaze73 Fri 20-Jan-17 16:10:49

Reminds me of that bit in Gavin & Stacey grin

Sorry to say OP but, it does remind me of the great bearded one.

steppemum Fri 20-Jan-17 16:11:52

well, it is similar, but it isn't is it?
When people use his name they won't say Noah Edmund, they will say Noah Surname or just Noah.

And with just the two you stress it differently, so Noah Edmund sounds more like Noel Edmonds than Noah Edmund Surname.

There are plenty of Noah's around, so it should be recognisable enough.

SirChenjin Fri 20-Jan-17 16:14:07

It's definitely similar - but unless your surname is Houseparty, I think it will be fine.

MrsDO88 Fri 20-Jan-17 16:17:41

Ah, seems positive! Thank you smile

SirChenjin Fri 20-Jan-17 16:19:20

Oh - and many congratulations! flowers

FrackingHell Fri 20-Jan-17 16:21:12

unless your surname is Houseparty 😂

(Congrats OP, & welcome little Noah)

PandaEyes25 Fri 20-Jan-17 16:25:29

I agree with mrsclaus100 .
How often do you actually get called by your first and middle name anyway?

It's a lovely name.

user1484317265 Fri 20-Jan-17 16:28:21

I never know why people angst about middle names on here. Think of the people you know in daily life...do you even know anyones middle name? It's not like anybody ever uses it, except on the odd form.

MrsDO88 Fri 20-Jan-17 17:12:26

Thank you smile because his first name is short, I can see myself calling him Noah Edmund (when he has done something naughty! grin) so it kind of matters, but not really...

Joeybee Sun 22-Jan-17 23:43:55

I did hear 'Noel Edmonds'When I read the name. However that's probably because I was expecting it too.
I don't think it matters too much, other children your child interacts with will probs have never heard of Noel Edmonds, it'd only be people of the age of 30 upwards probs. So I doubt he'd be teased for it.
If you like the name, I say go for it!

MrsBlennerhassett Sun 22-Jan-17 23:47:34

It would be if Edmond was the last name but as its the middle name i think its fine. No one is really ever gonna say Noah Edmond they will be saying Noah Edmond Lastname so it wont sound like noel edmonds. x

ElornaElephant Mon 23-Jan-17 12:01:38

I have a Noah Edward, I've never thought of that before but now you've said it...grin

(I love it, but of course I'm biased!)

ScarletSienna Mon 23-Jan-17 12:15:28

I love the name Edmund!

Yes it sounds very similar but after the announcement stage and introducing him to the world, you'll very rarely use both together.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now