Talk

Advanced search

Name help!!!!

(12 Posts)
justanotheryoungmother Sun 15-Jan-17 11:49:50

DH and I can't agree on a name for our soon-to-be-here DD. I'd like your opinions on these please!

Names I like:
Lily
Scarlett
Victoria
Violet
Georgina
Ophelia

Names DH likes:
Ariadne
Arianna
Alba
Kyla (note- that's a female version of his name!)
Bonnie
Skye
Caledonia
Belle
Cynthia
Ruby
Riley

Lily is my favourite but he hates it! The only name that I'd consider from his list is Arianna, but even that's not really a personal favourite or anything. What do you think??smile

Firsttimemama2017 Sun 15-Jan-17 11:55:33

I love Scarlett off your list and Ruby/Belle off your DH's list!

How about Annabelle or Freya?

justanotheryoungmother Sun 15-Jan-17 11:58:58

Thank you! I'm not too keen on Annabelle, and there is a very close family member called Freya and a very close family friend also called Freya smile

Raines100 Sun 15-Jan-17 13:35:02

Hmm... that's not much to go on, OP. Neither of your lists are screaming a particular style, so I'm not sure what to add but fgs tell DH to cross off Caledonia grin
Aria is similar to Arianna but simpler (and prettier for it imho).

There's an app you can download that gives you a list to look at, you both go through and select what you like, and it shows you any matches. Here's the link babyname-app.com/#

WankersHacksandThieves Sun 15-Jan-17 15:47:12

Bit of a Scottish bent to DHs list.

So, maybe a few different Scottish names that are maybe a bit more classic?

Ishbel
Ailsa
Vaila
Catriona
Esme
Mairi
Elspeth
Flora
Greer
Lorna
Morna
Isla
Iona
Shona

justanotheryoungmother Sun 15-Jan-17 15:59:04

You're right, he is Scottish, he's suggested a few of those before as well!smile

Rinmybell Sun 15-Jan-17 18:50:25

Georgina from yours and Ariadne from his!
My childhood best mate is Georgina nn Gigi. I love it!

Rinmybell Sun 15-Jan-17 18:51:02

PP suggested Ishbel. Love that name

ClaryIsTheBest Sun 15-Jan-17 19:36:55

I like Scarlett, Victoria and Georgina from your list. Really gorgeous names smile I don't like Violet, tbh.

From your DH's list I seriously love Alba. I also like Cynthia, Arianna and Skye smile! I'm not a fan of Ariadne, tbh.

I second Flora. One of my favourite names that I just can't use, unfortunately sad and also Iona, which is on my girl's name list for DC2.

Jooni Sun 15-Jan-17 21:51:25

I love Violet and Ariadne.

Could you do a longer name that shortens to Lily, maybe that would get him on board? Lilia, Lilla, Lillian(a), Lilith, Delilah...

Do either of you like Willow? That seems like one that could appeal to both of you looking at your lists. Or maybe Callie, Nancy or Lola?

Stonewash Mon 16-Jan-17 12:49:33

Naomi
Sophie
Alannah
Phoebe
Charlotte
Anna
Imogen
Abigail
Coralie
Greta
Faye
Cora
Hazel
Alexandra
Caroline
Melissa
Julia
Grace
Robyn
Emma
Alicia

Roseandbee Mon 16-Jan-17 17:43:21

Which one on your list is your DHs favourite?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now