Advanced search

Opinions on the name Autumn?

(11 Posts)
JamesJamie Fri 06-Jan-17 16:16:00

I think I love it, but I don't know if I'm brave enough to actually use it sad

Vanillamanilla1 Fri 06-Jan-17 16:20:33

It's beautiful . I know an autumn

ReallyNotMyProblem Fri 06-Jan-17 21:00:39

I have an Autumn, she's nearly 3. I wasn't sure if I was brave enough either but I am so glad I was. It's getting quite popular now so not as unheard of

ExcitedMamaToBe Fri 06-Jan-17 21:03:03

Beautiful name!

lilyborderterrier Fri 06-Jan-17 21:04:42

Love it x

UsedToBeAPaxmanFan Fri 06-Jan-17 21:05:20

There's another thread on here about the name Autumn. Thd general consensus seems to be that you should only use the name if your dd is born Sept -Nov.

I know a couple of Autumns, one was born in September the other one I havent a clue about.

Shadowboy Fri 06-Jan-17 21:05:32

My two year old is called Autumn. Wasn't common when we named her seems there are about 3 posts running at the moment.

I love the name. My daughter was born in October in the Autumn suite at the hospital and as the name was already in our shortlist. We just had to! Her sister is called Willow .

Pinkponiesrock Fri 06-Jan-17 21:09:08

I know an Autumn, it's a gorgeous name. It did sound unusual when we first heard it but it fits her perfectly

reuset Fri 06-Jan-17 21:32:11

It's far more mainstream now, and on the rise. Also vaguely popular with the hyphen fans, especially Autumn-Rose. I wouldn't worry about it standing out as weird, or unusual. It's not.

Alb1 Fri 06-Jan-17 21:51:14

I no and Autumn, she was born in July which I thought was stupid at the time, wrong season! But now she's older it doesn't occur to anyone when she was actually born, she still suits her name. I don't think it's especially rare now

thebakerwithboobs Fri 06-Jan-17 22:29:56

I wrote this on the other thread too-my name is a month but not the one I was born in. Nobody really mentions it at all. The 'only if she was born in Autumn' thing will be a complete non-issue once she's born. It's beautiful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now