Talk

Advanced search

Need some inspiration for girls names

(11 Posts)
njw123 Fri 06-Jan-17 09:51:00

Hello everyone smile
Me and my oh are expecting our third little one and it's a girl 😊 we have a little boy and girl Logan and Evie.
Were really struggling this time round on finding a name. We both thought maybe a two syllable name would go best with Logan and Evie but it's just finding one that we like and isn't too popular.
We did like Ivy Isabelle but was worried this was too similar to Evie but now we have just found out there is a cousin who's name is Isabel Ivy so don't know if we want to use this now as I don't want it to look like we've copied etc.
Another name floating about was Isla but this is too popular now so think this is out also.
The middle name I think would probably be either Isabelle or Lillian as they both have meaning.
Any inspiration will be a great help xx

NavyandWhite Fri 06-Jan-17 10:14:09

Why not have Isabelle for a first name?

njw123 Fri 06-Jan-17 10:24:44

Wouldn't be able to use it as a first name as our cousin has a little girl called Isabel.

1horatio Fri 06-Jan-17 12:44:30

Eliza
Elise
Emma
Anna
Elodie
Cleodie
Ottilie
Claire
Rose
Grace

It's too bad you can't use Isabella. What about Isabella?

MikeUniformMike Fri 06-Jan-17 12:44:33

Love the names Logan and Evie.

The name doesn't need to be two syllables. Ivy and Evie sound Very alike.
I would go with Lillian as a middle name or how about Lily? I prefer Isabelle but family members might think you were not imaginative.
Lily can be short for Elizabeth (Isabel in some languages) or Lillian.

How about a completely different name for the new LO? A name you both like.

CakeRattleandRoll Fri 06-Jan-17 12:56:25

Abigail
Celia
Cora
Iris
Nina
Zoe

LTBforGin Fri 06-Jan-17 13:00:19

Mabel
Kitty

Awwlookatmybabyspider Fri 06-Jan-17 13:04:12

I don't like Lillian. Very harsh.
How about
Lilia. Makes a change from the very popular Lily.
Belle
Alexia
Rosa
Iris
Heidi

WankersHacksandThieves Fri 06-Jan-17 13:09:00

Ailsa
Lorna
Annie
Eleanor/Ella/Norah
Lucy
Rose

WankersHacksandThieves Fri 06-Jan-17 13:12:12

Ada
Orla
Iona
Hannah

njw123 Fri 06-Jan-17 13:42:18

Thankyou for all your suggestions so far 😊 Iris and Cora have both stood out will mention these to the OH later for definite.

I do quite like the name Lilia as a middle name I dont think I would use it as a first name as would get shortened to Lily and know a few lilys.

Thankyou we knew straight away with Logan that was going to be his name and OH is a fan of xmen also haha and Evie was originally meant to be Everley but when she arrived it just didn't suit her but Evie did 😊

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now