Talk

Advanced search

From Eloise to Leah. Girl name ideas

(18 Posts)
Mummymooretobe Thu 05-Jan-17 09:43:25

What do you all think of the names we like for a girl? Suggestions for middle names welcome too. Our surname is Moore if that helpssmile

Eloise May
Faith Lyla
Tiana Amily
Riley
Niyah
Julielle
Aliana
Leah (too common?)

Thanks in advance

NavyandWhite Thu 05-Jan-17 09:58:40

Juliet?

Raines100 Thu 05-Jan-17 10:04:40

Eloise is fabulous. Would May be the mn? I'm not sure about May with Moore. I think someone on here had an Eloise Angelica, which is stunning. Food for thought.

Faith Lyla sounds nice, but bear in mind she will sometimes be 'Moore, Faith' as in 'more faith', so you need to decide if you mind.

Tiana's ok. Is Amily a typo for Emily, or do you mean Amelie? Or Or even Amity?

I tend to think of Riley as a boy's name, but it's the name of the girl in Inside Out, so I guess it's crossing over.

Niyyah- do you have Muslim heritage?

Julielle- never heard of it. Sounds a bit of a clumsy mash up of Julie and elle. Julia? Juliet? Juliana? Julienne? I'd avoid Julianne for the actress.

Aliana- another that sounds made up.

Leah's a lovely name, and not too popular. It would take any style middle name, but I'd avoid anything ending A. Leah Jane, Leah Grace, Leah Catherine, Leah Meredith, Leah Rosalind, Leah Seraphine, Leah Robyn, Leah Antigone- whatever floats your boat.

SausageSoda Thu 05-Jan-17 10:11:59

Eloise is the only name I like from your list, lovely name. Really not keen on Leah.

Haven't heard of Juilielle. It sounds a bit made up tbh. I love Juliet though

Sophronia Thu 05-Jan-17 12:06:39

Eloise and Leah are ok, not keen on the others.

AlwaysTeaTime Thu 05-Jan-17 12:09:58

Eloise- lovely, but not with Moore. Also bear in mind that it is quite popular, more so than Leah where I live, and that she may end up called 'wheezy'

Faith Lyla- I would go for Lyla Faith

Tiana- Disney princess, and Amily is either a misspelling or a typo

Riley- good strong unisex name

Niyah- no

Julielle- sounds made up, but I like it. Would go for Julienne instead

Aliana- no. Should be Eliana/ Ariana/ aaliyah

Leah- not as popular as you may think, but doesn't really do anything for me. Maybe try Noa if you like the sound?

1horatio Thu 05-Jan-17 13:00:04

Eloise May: that's nice, I prefer Elodie or Eliza, but it's a perfectly fine name.
Faith Lyla: I don't like Faith but I do like Faye? Lyla Faith? Laila Faith?
Tiana Amily: Tiana is a bit princessy. I really like Amity
Riley: I don't like it,
Niyah: I don't like that either
Julielle: I prefer Juliette, Julie or Julienne
Aliana: looks a bit made up but is nice. Do you like Ariana, Anita, Alanna or Alina/Aleena?
Leah (too common?): it's fine.

hoddtastic Thu 05-Jan-17 16:45:46

these aren't great/to my taste but it's your baby smile

Lara is nicer than Leah, Faith is nice, Lara Faith Moore?

Juliet is pretty.

Thea? Freya? Hope? Harriet? any of those any good?

Although Hope Moore is a short sentence isn't it?

1horatio Thu 05-Jan-17 18:07:36

Btw, if you like Eloise, do you like Louise/Louisa? Elise? Eliza? Or maybe Elodie? Or Cleodie?

I personally agree with hodd, Lara is really pretty! And so are the other names hodd suggested.

hollyisalovelyname Thu 05-Jan-17 18:19:55

Eloise is a beautiful name.
If I was having another it would be Eloise for a girl.

Pluto30 Thu 05-Jan-17 21:08:11

Eloise May - I like Eloise but not with May, especially not as a double barrelled first name with Moore.

Faith Lyla - I like both names, but Lyla Faith sounds better (prefer the spelling Lila too).

Tiana Amily - Nope. Tiana is considered a bit low class where I live, and Amily looks like a misspelling of Emily or Amelie.

Riley - I like this. Like it for a boy or girl, but think it's totally usable for a girl nowadays. Riley Moore is nice.

Niyah - Like the name, dislike the spelling. Naia is a legitimate Basque name with the same pronunciation.

Julielle - Dislike. Prefer Juliet (or Juliette if you like the more "feminine" ending).

Aliana - Dislike.

Leah - Love Leah.

My favourite would be Leah, definitely. It's not common. I know one adult Leah and she actually spells it Lia. I don't think it's even in the top 100 where I live.

MissCalamity Fri 06-Jan-17 16:52:57

I think with Eloise you need to have a longer "classic" middle name.
Not too keen on the others on your list.

dotdotdotmustdash Sun 08-Jan-17 12:24:32

I have a Leah Jane, and I've never regretted naming her. She meets the occasional other Leah, but it's not hugely popular. I think it's a gentle name.

Sugarpiehoneyeye Sun 08-Jan-17 12:56:36

Eloise, but not with May. Eloise May Moore, just doesn't sound right.
Suggestions ;
Eloise Harriet Moore
Eloise Rosalie Moore
Eloise Frances Moore

hollyisalovelyname Mon 09-Jan-17 00:25:46

Eloise Anna
Eloise Annabelle
Eloise Amelie

OnNaturesCourse Mon 09-Jan-17 01:10:25

Eloise... Elle (pro. L) for short

BastardGoDarkly Mon 09-Jan-17 01:15:58

I've got an Eloise Elizabeth (middle name is a tradition in our family) I still love it every time I say it out loud smile

Also love... Elise, Alice and elodie.

BastardGoDarkly Mon 09-Jan-17 01:16:55

I really don't like any of your others though, Juliette is nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now