Kamran (pronounced ComeRun)
Azar

brightnearly Sun 18-Dec-16 21:16:20

Kayvan reminds me of caiman.

Kamran seems very similar to Cameron.

Azar - a tzar.

BayaGoji Sun 18-Dec-16 21:22:23

Az-ar or Ay-zar?

Either way I much prefer it to the other two.

ineedamoreadultieradult Sun 18-Dec-16 21:24:39

Don't like Kayvan I don't know why
Kamran would probably get pronounced Cam Ran rather than Come Run.
Azar is my favourite.

mnahmnah Sun 18-Dec-16 21:26:44

Just a little thing to consider... I'm a teacher. Whenever I get any kiddies with names I don't know how to pronounce, or accidentally spell wrong because they are tricky to remember, the child always looks soooo fed up of having to explain it again. For the millionth time in their short life. And they have this for the whole of their life. I know adults who feel the burden too. I know people like to give their child a name that is unique, be an individual etc, which I'm all for. We're having a nightmare trying to think of a name for our next one that I don't teach lots of! But tricky spelling and pronunciation is tough for them

Passmethecrisps Sun 18-Dec-16 21:31:38

I have looked the names up as they weren't familiar to me. I like Kamran but I do concede that in a typical uk school his name will be endlessly wrongly pronounced - shouldn't put you off though.

I like Kayvan but may be biased as I am a fan of phone jacker

Azar was the only name I couldn't find a 'hook' to. Is it the most unusual of tbe names?

Hardshoulder Sun 18-Dec-16 21:32:58

Mnah, has it occurred to you that some people's primary reason for choosing a name is not so that Little Englanders can pronounce it without undue stress? Or that the child is possibly looking annoyed not because their name is a 'burden' but because they've got a teacher who can only pronounce George and Sophie? hmm

1horatio Sun 18-Dec-16 21:38:11

Kamran... Cameron?

Azar, not sure how to pronounce that, but I like the various pronunciations I could think of.

WanderingTrolley1 Sun 18-Dec-16 21:49:19

No. To all of them.

mnahmnah Sun 18-Dec-16 22:29:12

Hard shoulder. Sorry! Just thinking of the kiddies. That's what a teacher does. Quite presumptuous and patronising of you to assume I only teach George and Sophie! We all have a variety of names and endeavour to check we are spelling and pronouncing correctly, and the children so get fed up. Disagree with me all you like

mnahmnah Sun 18-Dec-16 22:31:19

I also said it was a 'little thing to consider'. Clearly I misunderstood that this is a place to try and help in a friendly manner. The unfriendliness sometimes astonished me

Lucked Sun 18-Dec-16 22:38:19

I looked them up too as I wasn't familiar with them and see they are Persian.

I don't like Kayvan as I think it has similarities to Kevin which is considered quite dated.
Kamran might be considered by some as a wacky K spelling of Cameron but is a nice sounding name.

Azar seems the best option to me.

SausageSoda Sun 18-Dec-16 22:52:16

Agree that out of the three Azar seems like the best option.

BackforGood Sun 18-Dec-16 23:01:11

mnahmnah I thought your post was very helpful and nicely put. Sounds like hardshoulder has a bit of a chip on her shoulder hmm

op do you mind me asking where these names are from?
I've not heard of them.
I think Kamran would get confused with Cameron quite a bit, and will confuse people if it should be 'comerun.'
Don't know why, but Kayvan just looks wrong. Just looks like a mis spelling to me.
So of the 3 I like Azar best.

katonic Mon 19-Dec-16 00:04:06

Kayvan is great, and the actor is amazing so a good namesake to have smile Azar sounds really old man, and Kamran/'comerun' just doesn't grab me.

Sophronia Mon 19-Dec-16 00:06:03

I like Kamran best

squoosh Mon 19-Dec-16 00:17:10

Kayvan. I think I like this one best because Kayvan Novak is super hot.

Buntysoven Mon 19-Dec-16 01:05:42

Blimey Squoosh...having a nostalgic wander through mumsnet whilst trying to settle baby and you have just made my night! wink

SorenaJ Mon 19-Dec-16 08:00:01

I quite like Azar

Sugarpiehoneyeye Mon 19-Dec-16 18:27:48

Ooh, Mr. Novak is very hot !😄
I like Kamran.

bluechameleon Mon 19-Dec-16 19:47:52

I taught a Kamran and always pronounced it cam-ran - I hope I wasn't getting it wrong! I like Azar best but they are all nice.

EverythingEverywhere1234 Tue 20-Dec-16 08:43:44

Kayvan sounds like a baddie in a Disney film but I don't dislike the name tbh
Kamran will forever be saying 'no, not Cameron...' which would be pretty annoying for him
Azar I quite like to be honest smile

EverythingEverywhere1234 Tue 20-Dec-16 08:44:11

Being very honest clearly!! Sorry 😂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now