Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Emmeline or Romilly?

(64 Posts)
isby Wed 14-Dec-16 18:26:48

[peeks head nervously round the door] Hello! I'm Isby and I'm new to Mumsnet. I'm expecting two bundles of joy. A little boy and a little girl! We have three children already. My oldest's first name is the same as the patroness of Paris and her middle name is the birthstone of October, which coincidentally enough is why I chose it! My only son (so far!) has the same first name as Roosevelt and his middle name is a family name, that is the same as an organ in the human body without a letter in it. And my beautiful youngest, has a name that means 'free man' and her middle name is the known name of the creator of Peter Rabbit. Get their names and I'll tell you what we call them in everyday time.

Anyway, if you don't want to play my name, here's the real purpose of this thread. I want to name my son Abraham Jude. His middle name is his dad's middle name. He will be known as Abe or Bram.
Our daughter's name is what we are struggling on! If we name her Emmeline, she will be Emmeline Olive and if we name her Romilly, she will be Romilly Juliet. Olive is a variation of my middle name but I don't quite love it. Emmeline would be pronounced Emma-leen. She would be known as Emmy and Romilly would be Romy/Millie. I'm worried that Emmeline will fade in to the background of Emily, Emilia, Emma etc. On the other hand, Romilly is so beautiful but I worry that it was originally a male name and is too different. Which would you pick? For Abraham's twin.

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Wed 14-Dec-16 18:29:35

Emmeline. Simply because it is my favourite girl's name and if DS had been a DD he would have been Emmeline.

keekaw Wed 14-Dec-16 18:33:19

Think I'd go for Romilly - it's gorgeous and unusual without being twatty.

Wombletor Wed 14-Dec-16 18:39:12

Romilly
BTW love all the namessmile

NavyandWhite Wed 14-Dec-16 18:41:16

Romilly smile

Awwlookatmybabyspider Wed 14-Dec-16 18:41:45

Romilly. Its a bit more edgy and a lot more prettier than Emmeline.

isby Wed 14-Dec-16 18:43:50

Lots of Romilly lovers, I agree with the edginess, Aww. Do you just want to know the names of the other little monsters.

Beewhisperer Wed 14-Dec-16 18:46:20

Emmeline. Just because I don't like Romy as a nickname.

isby Wed 14-Dec-16 18:59:31

I'll just give names of other siblings?

Lizziedoll Wed 14-Dec-16 19:02:08

Romilly takes my vote!

isby Wed 14-Dec-16 19:50:09

Other kiddos are Genevieve Opal, Theodore Hart and Francesca Beatrix.

Gigi, Teddy and Frankie are what they are known as so keep that in mind when choosing!

Awwlookatmybabyspider Wed 14-Dec-16 19:58:10

Your kids have fab names

lanbro Wed 14-Dec-16 19:58:12

I like Romilly best, our dd was almost Romilly but ended up as Bromily, a made up compromise between Romilly and Bromlyn, dh's favourite

NavyandWhite Wed 14-Dec-16 19:59:53

Seraphina would go nicely with your other names too.

Minikievs Wed 14-Dec-16 20:03:01

Both are lovely but Romilly is my favourite

FineLookingHighHorse Wed 14-Dec-16 20:06:06

Romilly. Definitely.

MoggieMaeEverso Wed 14-Dec-16 20:23:32

Romilly. Romilly Romilly Romilly Romilly Romilly Romilly Romilly Romilly Romilly Romilly Romilly!

Beautiful name and you have fantastic names for your other kids too!

SausageSoda Wed 14-Dec-16 20:34:48

Emmeline was on my list and I do love it. The reason I crossed it off was because I thought I and DD might have a lifetime of correcting people when introduced verbally that 'it's Emmeline not Emily'. Also incase people pronounced it 'line' rather than 'leen'. I also didn't like potential nn's Ellie or Emmy. I may have been overthinking things though.

Romilly was also on my list so you have great taste wink

I vote Romilly.

Pipilangstrumpf Wed 14-Dec-16 21:13:05

Romilly definately!

DramaAlpaca Wed 14-Dec-16 21:32:42

With your other names, Romilly.

CocoaX Wed 14-Dec-16 21:35:45

Romilly, with Romy for short

Doilooklikeatourist Wed 14-Dec-16 21:40:35

Emmeline ,
Emmleen for short

clumsyduck Wed 14-Dec-16 21:48:47

Your kids have awesome names
I like romilly and think it goes best with the others smile

chillipopcorn1 Wed 14-Dec-16 21:48:51

I love your kids' names! I have an Emmeline (Emme for short) so am biased but Romilly is our top for our next baby if it's a girl - great taste!

Sophronia Thu 15-Dec-16 00:00:31

Emmeline is much nicer than Romilly, and goes better with the other names too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now