Talk

Advanced search

Opinions and Suggestions on my girl/boy choices please?

(17 Posts)
abeyymo Mon 28-Nov-16 16:25:28

Hi. I'm currently 15w6d pregnant. We find out on the 6th December whether we will be having a little prince or princess. So I just wanted you lovely ladies opinions on my names please?

So if it's a girl:
Clementine Josephine Caroline Bennett
Athena Josephine Caroline Bennett

We chose Josephine because it's my DH granny's name who recently passed away, and Caroline is my sisters name who has a rare chromosome abnormality. But do you think 2 middle names are too much?

And we have a couple for the boys:
Harvey Stanley Bennett
Noah Stanley Bennett
Eli Stanley Bennett
Elijah Stanley Bennett

We chose Stanley as a middle name as it's my dads and grandads middle name, plus the name of my great grandad who passed away.

I won't be offended smile so please be honest! And please suggest names you think I may like!

xXx

PunkAssMoFo Mon 28-Nov-16 16:32:15

Not keen on Harvey, but the rest of the boys names are lovely.

I really like Josephine and Caroline. Athena and clementine aren't my cup of tea, but I know a few of each and I think I slightly prefer clementine.

ElornaElephant Mon 28-Nov-16 16:47:10

Athena Josephine Caroline (or Athena Caroline Josephine) is beautiful. Not sure on Clementine.

My DS is Noah, and Elijah was on my short list, so I'm biased and love those names. Congratulations on your pregnancy, do let us know when you know if you're expecting a boy or girl smile

cheweduprope Mon 28-Nov-16 16:59:42

I love Clementine. Like Athena a lot too, but not as much.

Love Elijah, like Noah a lot, not a fan of Harvey. Eli is cool, but since I love Elijah so much I'd just use that with Eli as a potential nickname

finova Mon 28-Nov-16 17:01:23

Not keen on Athena.
Really dislike Harvey.
All the others sound lovely though.

Loyly Mon 28-Nov-16 17:04:11

Athena and Eli are my favourites from your list.

PointlessUsername Mon 28-Nov-16 17:06:25

I like Stanley.
Not keen on the girls names.

Sophronia Mon 28-Nov-16 17:31:15

I prefer Clementine, but Clementine Josephine Caroline is too much 'ine' for one name, I think!

From the boys list I like Elijah Stanley.

Allalonenow Mon 28-Nov-16 17:33:27

I think Clementine Josephine and Caroline are too alike in sound and structure to work well together. Why not use Josephine as the first name, then a shorter middle name, then Caroline.
Though I'm not keen on Athena it works better with Josephine Caroline than Clementine.

I like Harvey, but again Harvey Stanley is a bit clunky.
Noah is very over popular ATM, it was in the top ten last year, and I'm not keen on Eli or Elijah.

If that really is your surname, it's not a good idea to post it on an open forum.

Joinourclub Mon 28-Nov-16 18:20:48

Clementine is my fav, but those 3 names together are a bit repetitive. Josephine is very similar, do you like it enough for a first name? Josie for short us very cute.1

KlingybunFistelvase Mon 28-Nov-16 19:14:53

Either Athena or Harvey would work well I think.

CakeRattleandRoll Tue 29-Nov-16 06:41:30

My favourite for a girl would be Josephine Caroline! Not that there's any problem with 2mns, but I love Josephine, nn Josie.

For boys, probably Elijah, although prefer Elias, and it's a bit more unusual.

nooka Tue 29-Nov-16 06:54:16

I'm afraid I think that two long middle names is too much, especially with a long first name too. Also I have two middle names and find it a bit of a pain (long to write on forms and the second one often gets left off official documents - sometimes not even all the second one gets included which is even odder looking, I get plane tickets with the equivalent of 'Clementine Josephi')

For the boys I like Elijah Stanley Bennett. Elijahs often get called Eli.

AutumnalLeaves38 Tue 29-Nov-16 07:30:28

My vote's for the Athena and Elijah options.

Side note: Athena is especially lovely. And currently unusual. Round these parts, anyway! (Definitely won't be 4 of those in her class).

Pluto30 Tue 29-Nov-16 07:52:40

Clementine Josephine Caroline Bennett is way, way, waaay too much.

Surely you can't seriously have three names that all end in "ine"? confused

Just Athena Josephine or Josephine Athena would be nice.

The boys names are all fine, but I don't like the names Elijah/Eli personally (nothing wrong with them objectively). My favourite would be Noah Stanley because Harvey Stanley is a bit rhymey.

Gruffalosfriend Tue 29-Nov-16 09:40:25

Love all your girls names! But dislike all your boys suggestions, sorry. If I had to choose, then probably Stanley.

JudgeJudySheidlin Tue 29-Nov-16 21:56:28

Athena & Elijah, but would personally have Elias instead. Love all your boy choices & also like the name Clementine. Problem is it sounds too much with Josephine & Caroline. Do you like the name Josephine or Caroline enough to use one as a first name. I quite like Caro as nn.wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now