Advanced search

Middle names for Maddie.

(22 Posts)
Special2203 Tue 01-Nov-16 18:59:29

Hello,

I'm desperate to find a middle name.

Thoughts on Maddie Rose?

CaptainCallisto Tue 01-Nov-16 19:04:49

Depending on surname, I tend to think three syllable middle names work well with Maddie/Holly/Rosie etc. So Maddie Elizabeth, or Maddie Victoria?

Maddie Rose is nice though if you're not a fan of a long middle name, or it goes brilliantly with your surname.

SueDunome Tue 01-Nov-16 19:06:53

Madeleine Rose is much nicer. You can still use Maddie for short and when she's older, she has the option to use Madeleine.

Special2203 Tue 01-Nov-16 19:09:04

I don't really like Madeleine! I much prefer Maddie.

Thanks for the suggestions smile

hoddtastic Tue 01-Nov-16 19:18:39

Maddie's awful- she wont thank you for having no options that don't mean 'insane' when she's older.

NameChange30 Tue 01-Nov-16 19:21:17

When I saw your thread title I thought of Maddie Rose straight away!

I do think it would be good to put Madeleine on the birth certificate, although not if you really dislike it obviously.

One surname or two, and how many syllables?

Special2203 Tue 01-Nov-16 19:53:18

Okay, well, that's just your opinion, you have no idea how my daughter will feel about her name.

Surname is Haywood.

gunting Tue 01-Nov-16 19:55:04

I think Rose works but middle names are rarely used.

Agree with Madeline rather than Maddie though.

Sleepysally Tue 01-Nov-16 19:55:43

Maddie Louise was what sprung to mind for me.

Special2203 Tue 01-Nov-16 19:58:07

It won't be Madeleine smile

Pluto30 Tue 01-Nov-16 20:00:08

Maddie Rose is lovely. smile

Maddie Grace, Maddie Louise, Maddie May (sounds somewhat like 'Maggie May'), Maddie Jane, Maddie Kate are all in the same vein.

Pluto30 Tue 01-Nov-16 20:01:41

Also, ignore the PP who said Maddie means mad. 1) It doesn't, and 2) The "mad" sound in Maddie and the "mad" sound in the word mad are completely different.

hoddtastic Tue 01-Nov-16 21:13:24

shorten maddie... how does that not end up as Mad? and as for the different sounds- maybe in your voice/acccent but i can't imagine how they don't?

you also don't know how your kid will feel OP, so let her have the choice, Maddison if you must.. but just Maddie?

Pluto30 Tue 01-Nov-16 21:26:08

Only in an American/Canadian accent can I imagine Mad/mad sounding the same.

Mad, the name, has a shorter "a" sound; mad, the word, has a longer "a" sound.

There are several "just Maddies" around. Just like there are several "just Jakes" or "just Millies" or "just Jennys" around.

Pipilangstrumpf Tue 01-Nov-16 21:31:49

I too think of Mad when I hear Maddie, I'm afraid. And it sounds the same to my ears.

I do like Madeleine. And it will give your dd more options later on.

Sugarpiehoneyeye Tue 01-Nov-16 21:33:14

Maddie Francesca
Maddie Vanessa
Maddie Louise
Maddie Ramona
Maddie Susannah
Maddie Josephine
Maddie Roxanne

user1472334322 Tue 01-Nov-16 21:51:57

My friend has a Madeleine Anne which I love as a name. She calls her Maddie Anne. Maybe that could work for you? Good luck!

SueDunome Tue 01-Nov-16 22:43:47

If you don't like Madeleine, how about Madison?

Sophronia Tue 01-Nov-16 23:44:33

Maddie Grace
Maddie Ruth
Maddie Jane
Maddie Jean
Maddie Kate
Maddie Hope
Maddie Wren

LucyBabs Tue 01-Nov-16 23:50:24

If you'll only accept Maddie.. Then Maddie Rose works. Madeleine Rose is a beautiful name

nooka Wed 02-Nov-16 04:48:56

I am English but live in Canada and I know both Canadian and English Maddies (in Canada for Madison and in the UK for Madeline). In all cases they have the same sound as for 'mad' I can't really understand how they would sound any different.

Anyway while I agree that a more formal name on the BC is better (to give the child more options, as who knows what she will like) the OP does not so not much point in saying so.

Rose seems to be one of the currently popular middle name options at the moment (along with May/Mae and Grace) which makes it a bit 'meh' to me, although it's OK. OP are you just looking for a name with a sound that works for you or can you look at possible family names to use? It's nice to have names with a bit of meaning.

NavyandWhite Wed 02-Nov-16 07:30:58

Maddie Lucia
Maddie Juliet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now