Talk

Advanced search

Raymond (Ray)

(16 Posts)
Donostia Sun 23-Oct-16 11:46:04

I like Grandad names, DS1 is Albert.

Raymond Briggs is obviously awesome.
Ray of light/hope/sunshine

I've known some wonderful old man Rays who have sadly passed away but thinking of them always makes me smile...

But I've never come across a baby Ray... lots of girls with Rae in the middle name so people must quite like the sound. Also lots of popular, current names follow the same phonetic pattern (Jacob, Jayden, Mason).

Where are the baby boy Rays? I also think teenage Ray would be quite cool!

Or similar ideas? I've always loved Rory but I need something that can be pronounced in most of Europe (particularly southern) for family reasons.

Sugarpiehoneyeye Sun 23-Oct-16 17:56:22

I love Raymond and Edmund.
Rory is lovely.

kimlo Sun 23-Oct-16 18:00:36

I like it. I know one girl with it as a middle name and one boy.

It's a known name that isn't overly used, and it goes well with Albert.

NavyandWhite Sun 23-Oct-16 19:23:28

No sorry.

Batteriesallgone Sun 23-Oct-16 19:25:27

It's coming back. This is the third place I've heard Raymond as a baby name in the last six months. Do it. I love the name grin

Yika Sun 23-Oct-16 21:44:38

I love Raymond, and I'm not particularly into the grandad name trend.

BarInSpace Sun 23-Oct-16 22:12:13

I really like Ray short for Raymond.

sonlypuppyfat Sun 23-Oct-16 22:14:45

There's a bloody good reason you haven't come across any little Raymonds it's awful. And I've got a lovely Uncle Ray

DramaAlpaca Sun 23-Oct-16 22:39:46

I know a cool, teenage Raymond! He's the only one under the age of about 70 I've ever met, and he rocks it.

SansaClegane Sun 23-Oct-16 22:52:09

How about Desmond nn Des?
I don't dislike Raymond but neither do I actively like it; Desmond to me however sounds quite cool!

panad317 Sun 23-Oct-16 22:57:55

I know a baby Raymond! Well, he's nearly 3. We call him Ray, he's lovely. I really like the name.

TallulahBetty Sun 23-Oct-16 22:58:57

I LOVE Ray! Grandad Chic.

Sophronia Sun 23-Oct-16 23:00:23

I know a young one with the nn Raymie

NameChange30 Sun 23-Oct-16 23:02:45

I love the name Ray! I'm not usually a fan of "old man" names but I think Ray is cool. Don't forget Ray Charles too!

It was on my shortlist but DH vetoed it because of "raie du cul" sad

So as long as you don't have French family (I guess southern Europe is more likely to be Spain or Italy?) it should be fine!

Sugarpiehoneyeye Mon 24-Oct-16 10:03:10

Loving Raymie !

Pluto30 Mon 24-Oct-16 10:25:35

Love it.

There was a baby Ray on the Australian show Offspring a few years ago. I thought it was a bit old man-ish at first, but it grew on me a lot over time. Now I love it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now