Talk

Advanced search

Christian/Kristian?

(12 Posts)
sj257 Mon 03-Oct-16 22:42:18

Is this a weird name for a baby? I really like it, with the nickname Kit. A lot of the other baby names I like sound cute for a baby/small child but I struggle to imagine a teenage boy with those names!

AbernathysFringe Mon 03-Oct-16 22:49:47

Slater. <3 Love it. Very slight danger of irony if you were a committed aetheist but it looks so nice written down.
They'll be an adult much longer than they're a baby, agree with your thinking.

buttercup54321 Mon 03-Oct-16 22:53:16

I know an adult with that name and he hates it. Teased at school and work. Call your boy Christopher or simply Kit if you like it.

sj257 Mon 03-Oct-16 22:54:42

I have a Joseph too, and an Imogen, does it go OK with them? I also really like Elliot....but not sure it goes

sj257 Mon 03-Oct-16 22:55:42

I don't like Christopher

MrsOllyMurs Mon 03-Oct-16 23:13:58

I know adults with the name and they like it........I have one, he's not been teased over it yet. We don't shorten it, but I too like Kit. It's not that unusual, we once went to a party and there were three of them! However, it is a bit different. I still love it.

AmyInTheBoonies Mon 03-Oct-16 23:26:20

I love Christian and think better with a C.

The K spelling only works if you are Scandinavian otherwise it cheapens the name a bit imo.

Kit is a great nickname too.

DramaAlpaca Mon 03-Oct-16 23:29:50

I really like it, & I especially love Kit.

I like both Christian & Kristian.

I think Elliot goes fine with your other names too, btw.

katemess12 Mon 03-Oct-16 23:34:19

I like the name, but would never use it because I'm not religious. It's one of those names that only works if you are religious. No different than naming your child, Muhammad, Jesus, Moses, or any other heavily religious names, IMO.

I always thought Kit was short for Christopher. It could work for Christian, but I would assume upon hearing it that his full name was Christopher.

Lilacpink40 Mon 03-Oct-16 23:36:43

I'd choose Elliot and think it goes well with your other DCs names.

Sugarpiehoneyeye Tue 04-Oct-16 04:31:13

Kristian/Kit.

Longlost10 Tue 04-Oct-16 05:00:04

are you a Christian? I think it is odd to name a child after a religion. Even if you are a Christian, he might not be

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now