Talk

Advanced search

Thoughts on ours names?!

(31 Posts)
Sunshineface123 Sun 25-Sep-16 20:25:18

Hi everyone any opinions on these would I'd be grateful for!

Girls: Rosie, Poppy, Ruby, Stella

Boys: William, Alfred, Louis, Ellis

Thanks in advance!

GoNorthDarren Sun 25-Sep-16 20:30:09

Stella, William and Alfred are nice! smile

Sunshineface123 Sun 25-Sep-16 20:34:49

Thanks for the reply! I love Stella, was hoping didn't have too many beer connotations for people!

ineedamoreadultieradult Sun 25-Sep-16 20:36:04

Don't like any of the girls names I think Rosie, Poppy and Ruby will date and Stella sounds very 80s. Only like William from the boys names but can't think why I don't like the others apart from Alfred will become Alfie and there are far too many Alfies already.

rubberducker Sun 25-Sep-16 20:37:14

Definitely Stella from your girls list - the others are nice names but quite overused now.

I like all of your boy choices, but probably Ellis would be my pick.

GoNorthDarren Sun 25-Sep-16 20:37:40

I have a relative called Stella, so I don't think of the beer tbh. She was named after the Streetcar Named Desire character! I guess some people might think of the beer though, so it's worth considering, if that would bother you.

MiniAlphaBravo Sun 25-Sep-16 20:38:38

I think Stella definitely does have beer connotations, sorry. It's a bit 80s as well. I like Rosie but prefer it as a nickname for Rose or even Rosanna.

Like all your boys names except Ellis as its too surnamey for me. Don't like this trend for surnames on boys, personally.

NoFucksImAQueen Sun 25-Sep-16 20:41:59

Love Ellis but I don't like any of the others

Sunshineface123 Sun 25-Sep-16 20:48:37

Some mixed views! Thanks everyone smile

EssentialHummus Sun 25-Sep-16 20:50:22

No to Stella, the rest are OK IMO.

AuntieStella Sun 25-Sep-16 20:54:42

I chose my username because of the lager.

I'd choose Poppy and Ellis from your lists for an actual human

Foxtato Sun 25-Sep-16 21:48:58

I like Ruby and Alfred from your lists.

Lutrine Sun 25-Sep-16 21:53:18

I like all your girls list but I think Stella is my favourite, I love star names like this and Estelle.
William and Alfred are my favourites from your boys list, both really lovely!

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Sun 25-Sep-16 22:12:40

My dd was going to be Rosie. I went with Molly in the end. Funny thing is I can't stand both Molly and Rosie now as names.
When is the Ruby phase going to end. It's beyond tedious.
Stella. I'm not keen.
I'm ttc. We've got our boys name picked out. Gabriel Patrick, but still working on our short list for a girl. Poppy is definitely on there. It's pretty elegant not over used and a great honour to those who fought in WW1.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Sun 25-Sep-16 22:13:35

I like William, Louis,
But not keen on Alfred or Ellis.

ScarletSahara Sun 25-Sep-16 23:16:56

Ruby and Willam. I had a great-grandmother called Ruby and I think that's why I love it!

AngharadTheSplendid Mon 26-Sep-16 00:34:14

Stella is fab. Ruby and poppy done to death.

wayway13 Mon 26-Sep-16 00:44:57

Stella and Ellis would be my choices. Fab names and not overused.

It depends on how you feel about the popularity of names OP. Ruby, Poppy, Alfie, Louis and William are all very popular.

Sugarpiehoneyeye Mon 26-Sep-16 12:52:54

Stella Rose
Louis

cornishglos Mon 26-Sep-16 23:23:44

Love William and Louis.

Mar15mite Mon 26-Sep-16 23:27:20

I wanted Stella but DH vetoed it based on beer connotations. Wouldn't have stopped me though.

William is my fav out your boy choices

BikeRunSki Mon 26-Sep-16 23:30:41

My 12 year old niece is a Stella. The beer comments lasted about 3 weeks after she was born, then she became the "default" Stella. And everyone realises that they were not funny or clever.

Pemba Tue 27-Sep-16 03:13:43

Stella is lovely. Don't see what's particularly 80s about it at all - I don't know any in that age group. I also like Ruby a lot. Stella Ruby would be nice.

I also like Rosie, but maybe it's been overdone in recent years. Poppy is quite nice, but always seems most suitable for a very little girl to me.

Pemba Tue 27-Sep-16 03:16:41

And Louis is my favourite of your boys' names. Hope you pronounce it without sounding the 's'! Second choice would be William.

OlennasWimple Tue 27-Sep-16 03:16:44

William is a classic name - difficult to completely love, but it's very nice and I like that there are lots of variants for NN

Not mad keen on the others TBH, but they're not awful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now