Talk

Advanced search

Logan?

(24 Posts)
SquedgieBeckenheim Sun 04-Sep-16 16:12:19

It's still early days, but DH and I take ages to agree on names! We both like Logan, but I'm having second thoughts.
Is it getting too popular?
Is it one of those names where a lot of people will think "problem child"?

We also like Harvey, but it doesn't sound right with the middle name we have already decided on (family name). These are literally the only boys names we vaguely agree on!
We don't know sex yet, so may be wasted angst. We can't agree on whether we'll find out or not!

Popskipiekin Sun 04-Sep-16 16:21:32

We have a Logan so I'm biased but we do love it. Living down south but both sets of grandparents are Scottish so it's a nod to that heritage as much as anything. It's the number 7 name in Scotland, highly popular, but number 25 in rest of UK, so it's not in the popularity leagues of Noah or George, say. We haven't met any other Logans yet but DS is still young. There will surely be problem children of all names? If you love it and you agree on it, I'd go for it!

AppleJac Sun 04-Sep-16 16:24:55

I dont really like it i think its on par with Jayden, Cody etc

I think choosing names before you know the sex is a waste of energy which is why this time round im not even thinking about names yet

Mamabird3 Sun 04-Sep-16 16:25:18

I have a Logan so I'm biased as well, he's almost 5 and we are yet to meet another one.

FrancisCrawford Sun 04-Sep-16 16:27:47

Logan is a great name!

If it helps, I see it as a forest green name for some reason. No negative thoughts about it.

donkir Sun 04-Sep-16 16:37:22

We also have a ds called Logan (19 months.) I also know a friend with a 7yr old Logan.
Both chose the name due to the X men films but my eldest also has a Scottish name and my grandparents are from Scotland. I've never thought of it as a naughty child name and I work in childcare so have lots of naughty names on my list.

fluentinsarcasm Sun 04-Sep-16 16:41:14

Sorry I really really dislike it. Know of one who has progressed from naughty boy to naughty adult.

CharminglyGawky Sun 04-Sep-16 16:48:11

Snikt!

I think it's pretty cool, maybe setting him up for comparison with wolverine. Most kids would love sharing a name with a superhero though... Although he is a bit of an antihero really.

Personally it is not a name I would ever choose, not my style at all but it is a name that would only make me do a very small double take because outside of comic book characters I've never actually met one.

MrsGsnow18 Sun 04-Sep-16 17:13:19

I love the name Logan!
I have only met one in real life who was a a bit of a naughty child but this is just coincidence and wouldn't put me off a name I love!

SquedgieBeckenheim Sun 04-Sep-16 17:15:53

Thanks for all the positive feedback! For me it has more a Gilmore Girls link, I didn't even know the Marvel link blush
I have met 1 Logan at DD's old childminders. I saw it has had quite a jump on the new ONS baby names list this year.

We have no Scottish heritage, but DD has a Gaelic name, so it ties in with that. Apparently we like Gaelic names!

Sugarpiehoneyeye Sun 04-Sep-16 18:55:59

I like Logan, you could also consider, Rogan or Morgan.

SteviebunsBottrittrundle Sun 04-Sep-16 19:44:56

It actually isn't my cup of tea personally (I don't like Lucas either and they sound vaguely similar so think it's just my taste). It is a perfectly nice name though. I know one baby called Logan and have heard of a few other boys being called Logan but I wouldn't say we are overrun with them where I live (SE), so not overused I wouldn't say.

crayfish Sun 04-Sep-16 19:47:56

I don't like it and also think of the Jayden, Cody, Kayden kind of names - you know, the kind of name you can't imagine a 40 year old having? I have never actually met one though so it can't be that common.

LolaStarr Mon 05-Sep-16 08:51:49

I like it. Reminds me of Wolverine smile

monkeygone Mon 05-Sep-16 11:42:14

You didn't know the Wolverine link?? Wow!

I like it. It's not a name I'd choose for my own son, but I do think it's pretty cool.

hawkmcqueen Mon 05-Sep-16 13:25:10

Much prefer Harvey as it's more classic x

Ryooki Mon 05-Sep-16 13:52:32

I like Logan but it is very popular now. If you don't mind using a popular name though then there's no reason not to use it.

It definitely makes me think of Wolverine from the X-Men series but that's not a bad thing. I grew up watching him in the cartoons, reading the comics and then watching the films. He's my favourite character because he's a big softie with a good heart and strong morals. There are worse people to be associated with when they hear your name smile

Tabsicle Mon 05-Sep-16 13:57:13

I really like it. It sounds a bit comics book geek, but not in a bad way.

eachtigertires Mon 05-Sep-16 14:01:02

I really like it. It's the most popular name on my favourite names list for boys though. It reminds me of nature-y things - Mount Logan, loganberry etc. I do like L names for boys though - Logan, Loki, Luca etc.

UptownFlunk Mon 05-Sep-16 16:18:39

I'm in the north of England and Logan is usually on a par with Jayden, Kayden, Cody type names here as well. It makes me think more of Logan's Run than X Men but that's probably just showing my age. grin

UntilTheCowsComeHome Mon 05-Sep-16 18:40:34

I have a 15 yo Logan.

We chose it for 2 reasons, one was because we both adored Scotland so wanted a Scottish name. And also because one of our favourite band's guitarist was called Logan and we thought it just sounded super cool.

It was really unheard of around here at the time but definitely got popular about 4/5 years ago.

I think it's a name that's masculine, cool, earthy and traditional sounding. You can't go far wrong. smile

isitseptemberyet Tue 06-Sep-16 08:15:59

its popular where i live (english border to wales) , but with a more chav set of pple , Sorry !

Heatherbell1978 Tue 06-Sep-16 08:22:08

I'm in Scotland and know a few. It's not a chav name up here though, in fact it's a 'nice' Scottish name. I really like it.

AngelsWithSilverWings Tue 06-Sep-16 08:30:08

I've got a 10 year old Logan. I have Scottish grandparents so it fits for us. He is the only Logan in the whole of his very large school and I've never met another.

When we were in Florida a few years ago we met lots of American boys with the same name.

He thinks it's a cool name and do to his friends.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now