Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

We can't agree!

(8 Posts)
Melbee90 Mon 22-Aug-16 21:59:42

Hi!
I've been a lurker on mumsnet for ages but I've caved in and decided to join in for some proper support and chit chat!

Our baby boy is due on 16th December.

Annoyingly; we had agreed on tons of girls names but are massively struggling with boys names. We have two we like and we each like one more than the other!

People keep constantly asking if we have any names yet and I feel like we are never going to agree!

Tbf I'm much more flexible than my fella who doesn't like most of the names I like.

Any advice on boys name inspiration or maybe hypnotising my fella into liking all my fave names haha? wink

HerdsOfWilderbeest Mon 22-Aug-16 22:04:45

Can any of the girls names you chose be made into boys names?

Like Julia - Julian - Alexa - Alex

When you do pick a name, tell NOBODY. Someone will say they hate it and it will put you off.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Mon 22-Aug-16 22:27:34

Are you Catholic if you don't mind me asking. If so you might want to consider a Christmas name.
Some suggestions
Noel
Nicholas
Gabriel
Joseph
Christopher
If none of those are appealing to you.
Albert
Reuben
Ben
George
Xavier
James
Louis
Leighton
Jude
Tom
Ethan
Rhys
Lucian
Oliver
Arthur
Vincent
Kyle
Micheal
Conor
Conrad
Patrick
Harry
Malachi
Alfie
Francis
Dexter
Arlo
William
Aaron
Archie
Aiden
John-Joe
John-Paul
Owen
David
Nathan
Harrison
Harry
Parker
Cooper
Otis
Elliot
Ezra
Tristan
Bobby

LadyMonicaBaddingham Mon 22-Aug-16 22:29:24

Norris

MiddleClassProblem Mon 22-Aug-16 22:29:36

Still early days so don't panic! You'll find one that fits you both. Ours came 3 weeks before due, my friend was 2 weeks after birth

MrsGsnow18 Mon 22-Aug-16 22:33:53

www.nymbler.com

On this website you and your partner separately look at lists of names and tick ones you like. Each person doesn't see what the other has ticked. Then at the end you can see a list of names that you both liked!
There are American and UK versions etc.

MrsGsnow18 Mon 22-Aug-16 22:43:25

www.namedtogether.com
Sorry that is correct link!

Melbee90 Tue 23-Aug-16 14:06:08

Aw wow thanks all.
Yeah tis early days I know.. We've just moved into our first house together so all our concentration is getting settled there for the time being.

I like the idea of the lists on that website and also not telling anyone. I already suggested this but he has a bad habit of telling his mum EVERYTHING !!hmm so it's not working out too well!

We aren't catholic no but my other halfs name is Christopher! Never thought it would be so difficult haha!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now