Talk

Advanced search

Cristina

(14 Posts)
Laptopontable Thu 18-Aug-16 10:24:38

If spelt like this would you assume we'd spelt it wrong? We're not British but live in UK and wondering whether to go with our spelling or with the 'h'.

DanielCraigsUnderpants Thu 18-Aug-16 11:28:37

I like it better actually.

FinnegansCake Thu 18-Aug-16 11:44:05

Go with your spelling, I think it looks better.

HoratioNightboy Thu 18-Aug-16 13:06:09

I think people understand it's an international name and has various spellings in different languages, so I'm, sure no-one would think you'd spelt it wrong. And it looks prettier this way!

FrancisCrawford Thu 18-Aug-16 20:17:31

It looks lovely and people aren't going to be confused about how to say it.

And such a pretty name!

Oly5 Thu 18-Aug-16 20:20:22

Love the name but I'd spell it Christina, which most people know. Otherwise she may end up having to spell it
Out her whole life

Jemimapuddleduk Thu 18-Aug-16 20:24:03

Love it. We know a Kristiana which is also very pretty

ElectronicDischarge Thu 18-Aug-16 20:24:30

It's something slightly different and nice, however I knew a cow with this name so my opinion is skewed.

BeastofCraggyIsland Thu 18-Aug-16 20:38:26

i wouldn't think wrong spelling, I would assume a Cristina was Spanish or Latin American, but I've spent a lot of time travelling and working over there and met quite a few Cristinas. Regardless, it's a lovely name.

littlemissneela Thu 18-Aug-16 20:45:39

I wouldn't think you'd spelt it wrong, as there are loads of different spellings of that name. My dd has the spelling Krystyna in her name which is Polish.

DiscordiaVanDiemen Fri 19-Aug-16 15:03:55

I know several Christinas (Danish, American, English) one Cristina (Italian) one Kristina (English) and one Krystyna (Polish)

It's a pretty common name. I like it though, with all its various spellings.

srtajuanita Fri 19-Aug-16 15:08:01

When I was 3 I chose Christina as sister's middle name as I loved "Flambards".

Cristina like the Infanta is a beautiful name and I like the Spanish spelling flowers

firawla Fri 19-Aug-16 19:40:35

I wouldn't be surprised by that spelling you do see it around eg Cristina yang greys anatomy, I think there are a few equally valid spellings

SerenDippitee Sat 20-Aug-16 17:12:21

I'd assume that you had Spanish or Hispanic heritage and had spelt it correctly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now