Talk

Advanced search

Girls' names - help needed!

(15 Posts)
user1469197921 Sun 07-Aug-16 19:40:29

We are expecting our fourth girl! We already have a Cecilia Juliet (who, as a teenager, refuses to be called Cecilia and only answers to Lia), and an Annabelle Matilda, who mostly gets Anna or Annie. We also have an adopted daughter named Emma Grace - we didn't name her as we adopted her at seven because we were her godparents, but I have always loved the name Emma.

Names we like but can't use:
Isobel - love this one, but it's far too similar to Annabelle!
Emily - too similar to Emma
Lucy - name of very close friends' daughter
Elizabeth - my sister's name!

We love Alice but does it go with her sisters' names? Is Annie and Alice too much? We also like Florence, but hate the nickname Flo, and as we've seen with our eldest, you can't control what nicknames children get or give themselves!

I love Charlotte, nn. Lottie - what do you think of this? Does it go with our other daughters' names? I don't like the nickname Charlie, but as a male very close to the family is named Charlie I doubt she'd ever be called that. However, it's not enough of a connection to warrant not naming her Charlotte at all. What do you think of Charlotte or Lottie?

Any input is much appreciated, and I would also love if you could suggest other names we may like!

Snowberry86 Sun 07-Aug-16 19:42:35

Charlotte/Lottie is lovely.

Justwanttoweeinpeace Sun 07-Aug-16 19:46:54

Love Alice.

MidnightVelvettheSixth Sun 07-Aug-16 19:49:58

Genevieve?

ChipsCheeseandIrnBru Sun 07-Aug-16 19:53:56

Sylvia or Sylvie.

Constance? Connie.

Ada?

Iris?

neady Sun 07-Aug-16 19:54:18

Rosa or Rosie would go well? Or Ethel or Alannah?

Eva50 Sun 07-Aug-16 19:59:57

I love Alice. I couldn't have used it as its dh's ex wife's name and it wouldn't have suited my boys anyway but it's a great name. Why can't you use Elizabeth and name her after your sister?

What about Anastasia. That's nice.

Eva50 Sun 07-Aug-16 20:01:24

Just noticed you have an Annabelle so perhaps not Anastasia!

FirstTimeMummy25 Sun 07-Aug-16 20:04:22

Arabella?

Floralnomad Sun 07-Aug-16 20:06:09

What about Martha or Matilda , they go nicely with your other names .

DramaAlpaca Sun 07-Aug-16 20:07:33

Charlotte/Lottie is lovely.

user1469197921 Sun 07-Aug-16 20:14:48

I love Anastasia and Arabella but I think they're too similar to Annabelle!

Floralnomad - Matilda is my Dd2's middle name and Martha is my MIL's!

Eva50 - I would, only I have another lovely but very melodramatic sister (who doesn't have the prettiest of names) who would no doubt start something if I were to do that!

shalalala Sun 07-Aug-16 20:19:20

How about Eleanor?

CPtart Sun 07-Aug-16 20:40:50

Charlotte is nice. Lottie is not. I think you're overthinking the nicknames. No Charlotte I know is known as Lottie.
Prefer Alicia to Alice.
How about Louisa? Meredith? VIctoria? Roseanne? Catherine?

BlueChampagne Tue 09-Aug-16 14:15:13

Francesca

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now