Talk

Advanced search

Charlie and Sammy's brother needs a name!

(13 Posts)
JessNeedsAName Fri 22-Jul-16 13:13:27

Our two sons, Charles Judah (Charlie) and Samuel Dillon (Sammy/Sam) are getting a sibling. We have a small shortlist of names for the baby if it is a boy.
Henry (Harry), Alexander (Alec/Alex), Nicholas (Nico), Edward (Teddy) and Benjamin (Ben). We still haven't quite managed to decide on a middle name from Lewis, Finn and Clark. I would quite happily name the baby Benjamin and have that be it as I love the name. However, whilst DH likes the name, he is struggling to let go of other names.
I like the way Charlie, Sammy and Harry sound but think Harry and Henry are too much of a stretch. I prefer Alec to Alex but it will probably be misheard as Alex all his life. I do love Nicholas a LOT and have no problems with it. I worry that Teddy and Edward are again too much of a stretch and that Charlie, Sammy and Teddy are a bit too cutesy. I obviously have no problems with Benjamin!
At the moment, for a little girl, Emilie Jane, Matilda Iris and Vivian Clara are what I am veering towards. For some reason, I would prefer to have a boy name sorted then a girl's name.
Surname is the same as a bolshy woman in Eastenders whose name begins with K.

AidanEmma Fri 22-Jul-16 13:17:03

Did you ask this before?

JessNeedsAName Fri 22-Jul-16 13:20:53

Yes, I did.

AidanEmma Fri 22-Jul-16 13:24:38

Not trying to be rude, but why are you asking again? grin

Xocaraic Fri 22-Jul-16 13:25:19

I found that writing them down a few times and using a few variations helped me with name choices. Also, writing the initials prevents things like PIG or ASS if you see what I mean? I also ( this is mad but I was preggo) recorded the potential names into my phone and played them back to see how it would sound in real life. That helped as otherwise we may have ended up with a name that sounds akin to Lewis Cannon ( can you hear it? Loose Cannon!)

JessNeedsAName Fri 22-Jul-16 13:27:14

Because, I can't make a decision at all. sad
Thanks for the advice Xocaraic. I will try this and see what I think.

AidanEmma Fri 22-Jul-16 13:39:03

Oh, okay! Edward (Teddy) and Matilda Iris! Have you thought about William (Billy)

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Fri 22-Jul-16 16:05:23

William Will Billy
Alexander Alex Zander
Patrick Paddy
Matthew Matty
Richard Richie
Bernard Bernie
Thomas Tom
James Jimmy Jay
Timothy Timmy
Andrew Andy
Francis Frankie
Micheal Mike
Nicholas Nick
Vincent Vinnie

ThroughThickAndThin01 Fri 22-Jul-16 16:18:40

Nicholas. Really unusual these days but nevertheless a very well kniwn name. Nick and Nico are great short names.

JessNeedsAName Fri 22-Jul-16 17:03:11

I'm not a fan of William at all so I wouldn't be choosing that. Billy is quite nice but not William. We also considered Thomas with nickname Tom/Tommy live but have now decided against it as we think it's too close to Sammy. Do any of you like Benjamin (Ben)?

ThroughThickAndThin01 Fri 22-Jul-16 17:16:26

I like Ben.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Fri 22-Jul-16 20:03:02

Love Ben.

twinjocks Sat 23-Jul-16 14:57:28

I like Ben (but not with Finn as middle name). Have you considered Robert (Bobby) - that's what I immediately thought when I saw your thread title.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now