Talk

Advanced search

to go and visit primary schools, even though DS is still a baby?

(9 Posts)
PolkaDottie25 Mon 18-Jul-16 15:05:02

We are considering a move, but we might not, so I want to go and visit the schools that are local to make up our mind, or is that BU/wasting the school's time? He is 10 months old.

PolkaDottie25 Mon 18-Jul-16 15:05:26

Wrong topic grin

PurpleDaisies Mon 18-Jul-16 15:07:30

I think visiting is definitely over the top. I can't imagine any school would facilitate this. Your son won't be there for another three years! A lot can change in that time. Looking at the ofsted results would be fine though.

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Mon 18-Jul-16 15:08:42

Don't bother, a hell of a lot can change between now and when your DC starts school.

marblestatue Mon 18-Jul-16 19:15:38

I was going to say the same, things can change quite dramatically!

Raines100 Mon 18-Jul-16 20:45:50

Look at OFSTED now.
We chose a school with an attached nursery and wanted DS to attend the nursery first as they were v much joined up and provided excellent prep for that particular school's Reception class, familiarised DS with the building, etc. This nursery was small with a long waiting list, so at the time it was customary to apply by January for the following September as you would for a school place. As such, we were looking at schools 2 years before DS started, so if your DC is due to start in 2019, you should be looking around schools in Autumn/winter 2018 or 2017 if these schools have attached nurseries you might want him to attend.

GeorgeTheThird Mon 18-Jul-16 20:47:04

You're waiting their time. Spend your time researching online instead.

Believeitornot Mon 18-Jul-16 20:48:17

Waste of their time and of yours.

OneEpisode Mon 18-Jul-16 20:49:20

School fetes are probably about as close as you'll get.. You probably won't get a tour!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now