Talk

Advanced search

Name change?

(6 Posts)
user1466260191 Mon 11-Jul-16 15:52:26

Can I just ask if you wanted to change your babies middle name on the birth certificate is this something you would feel bad about doing or not really. Do you think my little boy would be upset about it in the future to see the amendment or not care? I can't work out if I feel guilty for doing it or not? I want to do it but don't want to regret it... He's only 8 weeks just made a rushed sleep deprived decision when he was born which I've had change of heart on!

Bluesand1 Mon 11-Jul-16 16:41:58

I think with it being his middle name it is less of a big deal. Could you keep the middle name you hsve now and add the other one in you like so he has two? That way it doesn't really matter much in my opinion....

KoalaDownUnder Mon 11-Jul-16 16:43:24

I don't imagine he would care at all, tbh.

I couldn't care less if I'd found out my parents changed my middle name.

septembersunshine Mon 11-Jul-16 17:04:35

I would just change it. I don't think it matters and he will grow up with this other middle name and won't really know any different. Just go ahead! ps - don't feel bad, naming is HARD!

user1466260191 Mon 11-Jul-16 17:14:53

Thankyou for your replies...

He actually has 2 middle names already (can you tell I'm indecisive?!) but want to change them both for one totally different, stronger name. I think his name is a bit long at the minute so we started discussing dropping one and in doing so have come up with something totally different that sounds better with his first and last name. Just feel a bit silly about the whole thing really!

Bluesand1 Mon 11-Jul-16 17:24:25

Ah do it
He's only 8 weeks and it's a middle name

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now