Rhyming names

(7 Posts)
KissMeKate85 Mon 11-Jul-16 13:00:32

My husband and I are trying to decide on names for a girl.
We agree on only a few names which are Anabelle, Gabrielle, Ella (and Daisy but I'm not as keen on this one).
However, our surname ends in ELL. Therefore the names we agree on rhyme with our surname or have the same sound.
I am of the opinion that this wouldn't suit a child but my husband seems to think it won't matter much.
Is having a first name that rhymes with your surname a good idea? Also I would be grateful for any other suggestions for girl names as we are stuck on 3.
Thanks in advance smile

Jessbow Mon 11-Jul-16 13:39:27

Unless you surname is Bell, I cant really see that it matters

Annabelle Bell / Isobelle Bell would sound silly

Annabelle Campell /Isobelle Campbell Doesn't

SteviebunsBottrittrundle Mon 11-Jul-16 13:55:44

Agree with Jess. Unless your name actually sounds just like the 'ell' sound in Annabel / Gabrielle etc, then it isn't a problem. Does it or is it more like Campbell?

RedLarvaYellowLarva Mon 11-Jul-16 15:49:12

Depending on the surname, not necessarily a problem. But if you don't like it, how about Annabella, Gabriella?
Annaliese
Marianna
Eloise

KissMeKate85 Mon 11-Jul-16 17:44:55

RedLarvaYellowLarva - I'd suggested putting an "a" at the end of both but husband doesn't like it. But Eloise is lovely smile

KissMeKate85 Mon 11-Jul-16 17:50:53

SteviebunsBottritrundle - The ending of our surname is quiet emphasised. I think that is where I am struggling with the sounds. Having said all of this I actually think we will go for either of the first 2

Raines100 Mon 11-Jul-16 20:09:59

Hmm... I think it could be weird. Annabel Snell for instance sounds silly. Annabella Snell is better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now