Talk

Advanced search

Thoughts on our final names?

(23 Posts)
Noodle1234 Sat 11-Jun-16 10:08:02

Our daughter is Felicity Pearl. We don't know if this one is a boy or girl yet, but definitely our last baby. What do you think of our final names?

Seraphina Willow

Willem Lachlan

LadyAntonella Sat 11-Jun-16 10:42:27

I love Felicity Pearl and Willem Lachlan! What gorgeous names! I do love Willow, but I don't really like Seraphina quite as much as your other choices, though it is a nice name. smile

ccsays Sat 11-Jun-16 16:09:30

I prefer Willow Seraphina and I think Willow and Felicity go better together but they're both lovely smile

JessieMcJessie Sat 11-Jun-16 16:11:29

Are you Dutch/ Scottish? If not, the boy's name seems an odd choice to me.

manicinsomniac Sat 11-Jun-16 16:44:09

Seraphina Willow is very pretty (would you want to shorten Seraphina though? Because there is a danger that bothe Seraphina and Felicity could end up being shortened by friends to Fee? Even something like Flick and Phina might be a bit similar sounding?)

I don't really like Willem. Love William though. Not sure why I feel so differently about them.

DramaAlpaca Sat 11-Jun-16 16:50:56

I love Seraphina, it's an absolutely beautiful name.

Willow is lovely as a middle name. I wouldn't risk using it as a first name unless you were fairly certain she was going to be tall & slim, ie willowy!

I also like Willem, but I think it'd get confused with William a lot which might be annoying.

KissMyArse Sat 11-Jun-16 17:19:31

I like Willem.

Perhaps because I used to have a crush on Willem Dafoe blush I have a thing for unusual looking men.

Willow is a beautiful name and would have that as a first name and Seraphina as the middle name.

NavyAndWhite Sat 11-Jun-16 18:17:18

Gorgeous!
Love them both.

NavyAndWhite Sat 11-Jun-16 18:18:10

Seraphina first! Much more substance than Willow, although Willow is a beautiful middle name!

sonlypuppyfat Sat 11-Jun-16 18:22:13

Seraphina Willow sounds like a romantic heroine straight out of a Barbara Cartland book

NavyAndWhite Sat 11-Jun-16 18:23:56

shock that is a compliment, right?!

BertrandRussell Sat 11-Jun-16 18:24:48

How are you going to shorten Seraphina?

sonlypuppyfat Sat 11-Jun-16 18:30:47

No

NavyAndWhite Sat 11-Jun-16 18:31:26

Nice.

Noodle1234 Sat 11-Jun-16 18:36:13

Loving all these comments, thank you.

Felicity's nn is Fliss. For Seraphina we'd probably go with Seffy or Phina.

I am Scottish raised in England, so legitimate heritage there ;) No Dutch heritage but not bothered by that so much, just prefer Willem to William as it's a stronger sounding name (and wouldn't be pronounced wool-yum by my family lol).

All thoughts and comments very much appreciated.

Noodle1234 Sat 11-Jun-16 18:41:10

To add - even love the Barbara Cartland comment - that made me laugh. Obviously can't say I agree with you ;)

JazzAnnNonMouse Sat 11-Jun-16 19:15:13

Lovely names.

Salene Sat 11-Jun-16 19:17:26

I think normal william is nicer and he would end up with nane being incorrectly spelt his whole life.

No keen on the the girls names 🙈

buddy79 Sat 11-Jun-16 21:09:56

Love Willemstad Lachlan.
Like both Seraphina and Willow but the two together sounds quite fairy woodland-ish to me, I'd probably pair one of those with something else more similar to Felicity, which I think is a lovely, classic girls name. But they are both very pretty!

buddy79 Sat 11-Jun-16 21:10:57

Willem not Willemstad - what is that anyway??!!

Bombaybunty Sat 11-Jun-16 21:17:20

Seraphina is lovely! My DS knows one who's known as Phinny.

JessieMcJessie Sat 11-Jun-16 21:22:29

Ha, yes, my surname is Williamson and is very often pronounced "Wuw yum sun" by Scots, particularly Glaswegians. I am Scottish but a bit posh so don't say it like that.

skankingpiglet Sat 11-Jun-16 21:50:22

I really like both first names. Seraphina in particular is lovely smile

Less keen on your choices for middle names, but in a 'wouldn't pick them myself' kinda way rather than 'oh my god poor child' IYKWIM!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now