Talk

Advanced search

Frederick as a brother for Edward?

(15 Posts)
Pagetta Tue 07-Jun-16 22:56:30

We have 3yo called Edward nn Teddy. DS2 due any day now

I love Frederick. I did first time round but hubby wasn't so sure. Now he's warming to it...but that gives us a Freddy & Teddy.

Too cute?!

As they get older they might be Ned and Rick for all I know, but they would be Freddy & Teddy as boys.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Tue 07-Jun-16 22:58:35

I don't like it. I don't like rhymes for siblings. Quite weird imo.

Crispbutty Tue 07-Jun-16 22:59:23

Freddie and Eddie .. Sorry but it sounds silly

80Kgirl Tue 07-Jun-16 23:00:06

I like it. It's cute. They are solid names with lots of nickname choices as they grow.

20thcenturybitch Tue 07-Jun-16 23:02:50

Both fine names, but I would agree not great as a pair. Sounds like dogs or a cutesy children's book. Sorry.

user1463864877 Tue 07-Jun-16 23:03:13

Both great names. But the first thing I thought was 'Fred and Ed! Oh my. confused'
And I think that might lead to a lifetime of other folk saying the same. Sorry OP.
How about Frank (Frankie) which goes brilliantly with Teddy too?

Hurryhurryhurry Tue 07-Jun-16 23:03:52

Er! No confused

MumOnACornishFarm Tue 07-Jun-16 23:16:15

Freddie and Eddie hmm I love both names but they might sound a bit like a double act, sorry.

Lilacpink40 Tue 07-Jun-16 23:19:40

Ok if you call them Fred and Eddie, or Ed and Freddie.

Gummibaers Wed 08-Jun-16 09:33:53

No, you really can't have an Ed and a Fred! Even less a Teddy and a Freddy. But that is just my opinion.

LadyAntonella Wed 08-Jun-16 09:37:52

I think it's fine! Fred and Teddy is fine or Freddy and Ted. Fred and Ted or Freddy and Teddy hmmmmm a bit cutesy, but really, how much of their lives are they going to be referred to as a pair? Only as children or young adults maybe. Then it will be Fred and partner's name maybe or Teddy and his DC or something.

nectarini1983 Wed 08-Jun-16 20:12:54

Fred and Ted/ Ed or Freddy and Teddy!! I definitely wouldn't!

julfin Thu 09-Jun-16 00:43:40

Love the name Frederick. Could he be a Ricky though, to avoid the Teddy/Freddie issue? I agree it's a bit cutesy. Frankie would be another good alternative.

SueGeneris Thu 09-Jun-16 00:56:24

No. Dsis and I have rhyming nicknames in a similar vein. I have never liked it! As adults I go by long name and she goes by nickname which works but as children it was too cutesy and made us stand out, I think. Especially as we looked quite similar.

FlyDragonfly1 Thu 09-Jun-16 12:51:41

I know a Frederick with brothers called Lucas and Edward. Frederick goes by Freddie and Edward is known as Ed, but occasionally they are known as Fred & Ed or Freddie and Eddie and I think it's a little too much.

Really like previous suggestion of Frankie (full name Francis/Franklin?)

How about Wilfred or Alfred?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now