Have I gone name bonkers? Winter Rose Charlotte...?

(69 Posts)
oddsockfairy Mon 23-May-16 11:48:12

Baby no.2 due December. Took DH literally all 9+ months to come up with DD's name (Elodie) and it was literally as she was placed in my arms I knew that was her name BUT in a just for fun name convo last night (am only 13 weeks gone) we came up with Winter Rose Charlotte for a girl (due December).

I love it, but have a I gone a little barmy....? MIL will hate it for sure. Obviously I know we have a while to go, but it just... feels right.

IWILLgiveupsugar Mon 23-May-16 11:52:14

Obviously it is your choice, but it screams Disney princess to me. I quite like Winter, it's the Rose as middle name which isn't right imo. A bit twee and doesn't translate to a name a grown woman would like.

But it's just my opinion. Loads of people hated my name choices too.

momb Mon 23-May-16 11:52:39

If it feels right to you then it doesn't matter what your MIL, I or the rest of the world thinks. Congratulations of your speedy decision. :-)

LittleNelle Mon 23-May-16 11:53:31

Charlotte Winter Rose is better imo. Or Rose Charlotte Winter.

StrawberrytallCake Mon 23-May-16 11:54:26

I like it!

RiverTam Mon 23-May-16 11:55:49

I like it too!

lcoc2015 Mon 23-May-16 12:00:37

I like it - are you prepared for a possible shortening to winnie? You might not have control over that?

DramaAlpaca Mon 23-May-16 12:13:50

I actually think it's quite nice.

It doesn't matter what your MIL thinks - just don't tell her before the birth.

WuTangFlan Mon 23-May-16 12:19:23

I foresee many "Winter is coming" jokes in your future...

DramaAlpaca Mon 23-May-16 12:20:48

WuTang that has just made me splutter!

<sorry OP, I still like it>

tempraryusernametoday Mon 23-May-16 12:22:04

Charlotte winter rose sounds lovely imo.

Jenni2legs Mon 23-May-16 12:31:12

Love Winter, not fussed on the other two names. I think Rose is used lots as a middle name.

ABitAsleep Mon 23-May-16 13:18:27

Prefer Charlotte Winter or Winter Charlotte (think it's the Rose that makes it sound a bit twee and laughable)

VocationalGoat Mon 23-May-16 13:21:08

Charlotte Winter is beautiful.
The whole Winter Charlotte Rose thing is way too Disney as IWILLgiveupsugar said.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Mon 23-May-16 13:27:13

Winter Rose sounds like a Disney princess, and yes, Game of Thrones came to mind too... It might be long forgotten by the time she's old enough to understand, but there's at least two series left, so she'll be three before there's any chance of the "Winter is coming" jokes dying down. Or getting Stark stuff every Christmas!

There's something a bit character-y about it. Was it the name of Snow White's sister too?

I think Charlotte Rose Winter is beautiful. Although really she's going to be called whatever name is put first.

Tiggeryoubastard Mon 23-May-16 13:29:40

Winter is bad. You do know Winter Rose will lead to raised eyebrows and teasing all her life. Why would you set her up for that?

Jimjamjoos Mon 23-May-16 13:33:32

Winter makes me think of someone being "in the winter of their life", so not for a child's name.

1horatio Mon 23-May-16 13:35:57

It's cute smile

BeautyGoesToBenidorm Mon 23-May-16 13:36:53

Charlotte Winter Rose, if you have to. It's the only combination that flows properly. Definitely keep Winter as a middle name, she'll thank you in the future, and if she likes it then she can always choose to use it as her unofficial first name.

PeaceLoveAndDiscoBiscuits Mon 23-May-16 13:37:49

Winter rose sounds like a Body Shop product. It is pretty, but not for life. Charlotte winter rose is a very nice compromise.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 23-May-16 13:40:05

Charlotte Winter is OK otherwise it's too Disney.

1horatio Mon 23-May-16 13:40:13

But I personally prefer Rose Winter Charlotte or Charlotte Winter Rose...

mrsmugoo Mon 23-May-16 13:42:34

Don't understand why people are saying Rose as a middle name is twee?

It's a gold played English classic?!

timelytess Mon 23-May-16 13:42:35

I am the world's greatest supporter of the most conventional, traditional names. I hate Disney names and names which suggest that the parents are uneducated and lacking in taste.

But I saw 'Winter Rose Charlotte' and loved it.

Abetes Mon 23-May-16 13:45:45

I think that it's very twee but it's not me who has to like it. If you like it, people will grow to like it I'm sure.

My Mum hates my dd's name but she loves my dd so that's all that matters really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now