Talk

Advanced search

39 weeks and having a wobble over chosen name! Please help!

(14 Posts)
Songbird72 Thu 19-May-16 10:35:15

Our chosen boys name is Zachary. Is it too popular? I'm also concerned that as Isaac is also becoming more popular, the abbreviation for both names is the same.

Am I being silly? I spent months looking at names and Zachary was the only boys name that DH and I could agree on and it seemed to tick all the boxes. Suppose I'm just having a last minute panic confused

Bluesand1 Thu 19-May-16 10:45:17

Lovely name. I have an Isaac and I know a couple of others - none are known as Zac

srslylikeomg Thu 19-May-16 10:45:26

Yep, you're being silly smile Zachary is a cool name, I love it. I know two Isaacs and they are never called Zack - one is nicknamed Isy. I don't know any Zacharys and I really think it's a great boy's name! I vote go for it!

Bluesand1 Thu 19-May-16 11:14:53

It is a great name go for it. I know a Zac and of one other Zachary. Had my friend not chosen Zac for her son we would have gone with it.

BearFeet Thu 19-May-16 11:16:08

Love it. Go for it.

OublietteBravo Thu 19-May-16 11:19:43

I have an Isaac - he isn't known as Zac (he prefers Ike).

He has a boy called Zachary in his year group at school. He isn't known as Zac either (he goes by Zary).

You can't control nicknames (or other people's name choices) - just go with what you like.

nectarini1983 Thu 19-May-16 11:57:55

Stick with it. I had a major wobble about my daughters name after she was born a few weeks ago (mainly due to listening to other people's opinions!) Sooo glad I stuck with it, it's just her and I'd have kicked myself if I'd changed it!

ABitAsleep Thu 19-May-16 12:15:54

Zachary and Isaac are both lovely, and i don't thinkthey are too popular at all

I don't know any Zachary/Zac's and the only Isaac i know is in his 20's, he has only ever gone by Isaac

Gardenbirds123 Thu 19-May-16 12:18:04

Lovely name
Have kids myself who both have lots of friends . We don't know any called zachary

Just5minswithDacre Thu 19-May-16 12:22:27

Both great names and not wildly popular.

GreenBeans17 Thu 19-May-16 12:35:28

It's a nice name! Stick with it smile

septembersunshine Thu 19-May-16 16:20:37

I love Zachary. It's great and it's got cool nickname potential. I do know what you mean though, me and DH are back and forth on boys names (3 months to go) and it's hard to settle on just one. Just for your piece of mind you could take your original list in. You need only refer to it if you both feel like, once he is here, Zachary feels like the wrong name for him. Sure it won't come to that!! Good luck smile

toobreathless Thu 19-May-16 16:22:38

I love it and though I know one zac, he isn't a Zachary.

Songbird72 Thu 19-May-16 20:00:07

Thank you all for your reassurance. I'm indecisive at the best of times let alone when I'm heavily pregnant, hormonal and sleep deprived! I've decided to stick with the name. Both DH and I really love the name and I suppose that's all that matters. Thanks again smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now