Found some names I like...

(14 Posts)
Tartsamazeballs Sun 15-May-16 23:35:01

... Can I get some opinions?

Boy: Silas Thomas Williams

- Silas means forest dweller (we're big on nature/hiking and live next to a huge forest), and was a biblical companion to Timothy, my husband's name. Thomas is the name of my husband's friend who sadly passed away when they were youngsters.

Girl: Thea Rose Williams

- Thea is a diminutive of both my much loved and sadly passed away grandmother's name, and is also a diminutive/feminine of my husband's name. Rose is the middle name I always wanted as a child!

Thoughts?

EllenDegenerate Sun 15-May-16 23:42:51

Yeah, nice names.

Good meanings too.

ample Mon 16-May-16 00:01:27

Both lovely names (and meanings) for a boy and girl.
How often would you say the full name - Silas Thomas Williams? I'm mentioning because of the 's' sound ending on each of the boy names.

nectarini1983 Mon 16-May-16 09:52:50

Im really not struck on Silas ...always always think of the novel Silas Marner that I did for gcse English literature.

Like Thea (? Correct pronunciation though) but not a fan of filler middle names like Rose/ May/ Grace etc but that's just me.

SnuffleGruntSnorter Mon 16-May-16 09:54:54

I'm personally not a fan of silas (makes me think of silage and Sylar

SnuffleGruntSnorter Mon 16-May-16 09:55:21

Oops posted too soon!

But if you really love it then go for it - if we all liked he same names life would be very boring

Tiggeryoubastard Mon 16-May-16 09:57:35

Not keen on Silas personally but there's nothing with with it, and the reasons behind your choices are lovely. Same with the girls names.

BendydickCuminsnatch Mon 16-May-16 13:02:28

Really love all the meanings!

Pipilangstrumpf Mon 16-May-16 14:19:22

Lovely names and lovely meanings. Personally I'd love to meet a little Silas!

CakeRattleandRoll Mon 16-May-16 17:26:54

I love Silas!
Thea is lovely too.

temporarilyjerry Mon 16-May-16 17:49:04

I love Silas. I have been a teacher for almost 30 years but have only taught one.
I have a friend who has a Thea Rose. Lovely names.

1horatio Mon 16-May-16 18:08:50

Thea Rose Williams: Awesome! Thea is simply gorgeous and lovely! And Thea Rose sounds very nice.

Silas Thomas Williams: Thomas is such a great & strong name. I'm personally not a fan of Silas but it is nice.
And I really love the all the meanings.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Mon 16-May-16 18:10:54

They are both fine. I particularly like Silas.

OneMagnumisneverenough Mon 16-May-16 19:15:38

Thea Thomasina Williams?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now