Talk

Advanced search

Lucas

(18 Posts)
ZylaB Fri 13-May-16 21:06:06

Hi,
Expecting DC2 in December and we've been talking about names. DD is called Hannah Emily and we love her name. For this one, if it's a boy we really like Lucas Edward, but the only thing which has made me doubt it a little is the fact that one person I was discussing possible names with mentioned George Lucas and Star Wars. Now, if I introduced my son (if it's a boy) as Lucas, would your first thought be Star Wars?

Also, if it's a girl. Matilda Faye, or Madeleine Chloë? (Preferring Matilda Faye at the moment smile)

SweetieDrops Fri 13-May-16 21:09:36

Lucas is lovely and doesn't make me think of Star Wars. I like Matilda better too, I don't mind Madeleine but I really dislike the inevitable shortening to Maddy.

BikeRunSki Fri 13-May-16 21:16:03

I know a few children called Lucas and Star Wars has never crossed my mind.

BikeRunSki Fri 13-May-16 21:16:37

I prefer Matilda to Madeline.

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Fri 13-May-16 22:52:11

We know luke, luca and lucas.

Never thought about star wars with any of them.

I prefer madeleine to matilda.
But both are pretty names.

Sophronia Fri 13-May-16 22:57:18

I wouldn't think of Star Wars. Lucas Edward is very nice. I prefer Matilda to Madeleine.

julfin Fri 13-May-16 23:47:16

I absolutely love the name Lucas. Wouldn't think of Star Wars.

DramaAlpaca Fri 13-May-16 23:49:04

I think Lucas Edward is a lovely name & wouldn't think of Star Wars at all.

I also like Matilda Faye.

ZylaB Sat 14-May-16 09:48:29

Thank you all! I am feeling reassured smile

nectarini1983 Sat 14-May-16 13:59:10

Definitely would never have made that connection!

GrimmauldPlace Sat 14-May-16 14:02:26

DS is Lucas. So I'm obviously biased! Think it's a lovely name and no one has ever mentioned star wars when meeting him. Although he himself did get excited when he saw the logo for Lucas arts grin

Stokes Sat 14-May-16 14:08:00

DN is called Lucas and DH loves Star Wars. Not sure DH has ever made the connection.

EllenDegenerate Sat 14-May-16 15:38:22

Lucas is fine, I'd probably stay away from Anakin as a MN though.

Just to be on the safe side wink

julfin Sun 15-May-16 08:05:34

Ha ha Ellen! I have a close friend Anne who I call Annikin! I've always thought it was such a pretty name and such a shame that it has negative connotations! A bit like Judas and Lucifer which would be top of my Favourite Names list if the Bible hadn't ruined them wink

septembersunshine Sun 15-May-16 08:13:38

No way is the name Lucas connected to Star Wars. I think the name Luke (Skywalker) has much more of a connection!

Matilda is lovely. Two lovely names - very jealous, we are still struggling on with our list!!

DontDeadOpenInside Sun 15-May-16 08:20:19

I love Lucas and it doesn't make me think of star wars either. I agree with September re Luke.

I like both girls names but I'd sway towards madeleine but that's because I'm biased and have a teenage Maddison. and I really don't like Tilly

DerelictMyBalls Sun 15-May-16 19:04:07

Three of my friends had baby Lucases in one year! It's a decent enough name, not offensive, easy to spell, etc.

ZylaB Sun 15-May-16 19:36:16

Thanks everyone, I think we are happily decided now. Just need to wait until we know what we're having! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now