Talk

Advanced search

Twin names - opinions please!

(34 Posts)
pbgv1 Sun 08-May-16 21:46:47

Hi there. Our twin boys are due at the end of July and I think we've chosen the names.
We're keeping them to ourselves though, so we won't be able to gauge people's reactions. Do these names sound okay to you?? (Our surname is pretty standard!)

Aidan Oliver and
Fraser James

Thanks xx

LadyAntonella Sun 08-May-16 21:48:29

Lovely! smile

Sgoinneal Sun 08-May-16 21:49:15

Lovely names OP

Dontrocktheboat Sun 08-May-16 22:06:28

I agree they are both lovely and go well.

Irishkez Sun 08-May-16 22:09:30

Just lovely!

Ludwaysl Sun 08-May-16 22:33:06

Very nice, not overly popular but not out there either.

Jenda Sun 08-May-16 22:38:10

Lovely names!

MissSmiley Sun 08-May-16 22:58:21

Lovely names. We gave our second born son the name that came first alphabetically. And don't tell them who was born first. Boys are so competitive and it's just one more thing for them to fight about. Good advice that was given to us. Ours are 9 in July and they still don't know. They haven't worked out the alphabet thing yet either.

Sophronia Sun 08-May-16 23:04:40

Very nice

julfin Sun 08-May-16 23:55:36

Ooh, I'm on the July Babies thread and we don't have any twins in the whole group! How exciting! (You should join us!) Many congratulations!

And in answer to your question, the names are great. Well known, but not overly popular. I especially like Fraser.

Babytalkobsession Mon 09-May-16 07:11:31

We have Aidan Oliver on our list! And James Oliver or Jack Oliver. Other names we like are Patrick and Daniel.

Very similar tastes! Your choices sound great together. Congratulations!

mrsschu Mon 09-May-16 07:22:15

I love Aidan but really dislike Fraser. They're completely different types of names IMO. Not that twin names should match, they're just both different genres. I'd probably use one of your middle names instead of Fraser.

1horatio Mon 09-May-16 08:13:04

Lovely names! smile
I personally think James Fraser works better with Aiden Olliver...? But maybe that's just me being silly.

ShmooBooMoo Mon 09-May-16 11:43:00

I really like both of those! smile

Vardyparty Mon 09-May-16 11:44:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ShmooBooMoo Mon 09-May-16 11:46:04

I also think Nathan goes well with Aidan. Nathan James? I do like what you've chosen, though, just putting this out there. Thoratio I think Fraser after James would make it sound like a surname (or part of a double-barrelled surname)

1horatio Mon 09-May-16 14:17:53

shmooboomoo: I think you're right, Fraser after James would make it sound like a surname... I personally just don't like the sound of "Aiden and Fraser". But as I said before, that's probably just me being silly...

septembersunshine Mon 09-May-16 14:30:01

I love these names. So lovely! well done op. Hope it all goes well.

pbgv1 Mon 09-May-16 22:47:48

Thank you for your opinions! It's always nice to hear what other people think. Aidan was my hubby's choice and seems popular!!
As a Scottish chick living in England though, Fraser sounded like a good strong name!! Maybe it's just me?!? 🙊
The problem I have is I'm a teacher and have been put off certain names by some of the characters I've taught. Any other suggestions for a brother for Aidan would be gratefully received!! xx

julfin Mon 09-May-16 23:12:06

I'm an English chick living in England, and I agree that Fraser is a good strong name. Characterful, not too popular, nice combination of letters. Stick with it!

ShmooBooMoo Tue 10-May-16 00:31:42

I like Fraser...I'd stick with that to be honest!

Paddletonio Tue 10-May-16 00:56:33

Very nice choices

Sgoinneal Tue 10-May-16 08:17:38

I prefer Fraser to Aidan!

ABitAsleep Tue 10-May-16 12:10:07

I know an Aiden and Blake set of brothers which go nicely, but Fraser is lovely too smile

namechange7711 Tue 10-May-16 18:18:51

When I read the names I thought there was probably a Scottish connection. I particularly like Fraser which I agree with you is a good, strong name. I don't think you need to change either of them.

However, if you've looking for suggestions with a similar vibe, how about -

Rory
Angus (Gus)
Cormac (Mac)
Robert

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now