Weird?

(4 Posts)
Quasilulu Tue 03-May-16 00:38:22

My friend is expecting her first baby, a girl. Her OH has 2 previous children. He wants to call them a combination of their names eg Michael and Kayla Michaela. Not that but hope you get my drift. My friend is wondering if this is weird or not. I personally think it is a bit. Your views?

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Tue 03-May-16 00:48:56

He wants to call the baby a combination of his other children's names or his and your friends names.
If it's the first. Very weird. The latter not something I would do, but not particularly weird, either

VimFuego101 Tue 03-May-16 00:56:57

A bit odd, unless the kids suggested it themselves.

DSD was a bit offended when we considered using her middle name again for her sibling before we knew the sex (turned out to be a boy anyway). In hindsight it did seem a bit like recycling a name, even though we intended it to be a tribute to her.

Malvolia Tue 03-May-16 10:08:45

Deeply odd and rather insulting - this child is an actual new person, not some kind of half-assed combination/derivation of his two previous kids. I appreciate he may be trying to make links, but this isn't the way. Imagine growing up with older siblings pointing out when you have a row that you didn't get your own name!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now