Talk

Advanced search

Indigo

(13 Posts)
fluffyflower33 Mon 25-Apr-16 23:15:04

What does anyone think of the name Indigo for a girl?

neonrainbow Mon 25-Apr-16 23:23:35

First impression is that it's hippyish. Not unpleasant though as a word, thinking it's a bit odd as a name.

LadyAntonella Tue 26-Apr-16 07:19:55

Not keen sorry. I find it unusual but somehow uninteresting at the same time. It's not terrible though. I wouldn't think much of it if someone told me they had a little Indigo. I absolutely love India though.

cosmicglittergirl Tue 26-Apr-16 07:27:12

I would think boys name before girl to be honest.

julfin Tue 26-Apr-16 08:44:41

It's fine. A bit hippyish but fine.

sonlypuppyfat Tue 26-Apr-16 08:59:51

There's a dishy bloke called indigo in a shop near me

314inTheSky Tue 26-Apr-16 09:02:15

Isn't it what some americans call special children

''he is an indigo child''

AND THEY ARE NUTS. what they mean is, he has asperbeger syndrome but we're never going to say that out loud.. something like that.

sorry, these are my impressions. no more.

314inTheSky Tue 26-Apr-16 09:03:10

ps, before anyybody eats me, i don't mean ''special children'' in a serious way. I'm channelling the bullshit.

314inTheSky Tue 26-Apr-16 09:05:01

OK, i googled, nothing to do with denial of autism spectrum disorders, it's to do with spiritual children

here

CocktailQueen Tue 26-Apr-16 09:05:06

From Wiki: 'Indigo children, according to a pseudoscientific New Age concept, are children who are believed to possess special, unusual, and sometimes supernatural traits or abilities. They are sometimes also referred to as crystal children or star children.'

hmm

Pretty word, but I'd avoid as a name.

BeautyGoesToBenidorm Tue 26-Apr-16 09:12:26

Yeah, the Indigo Children association puts me right off, sorry. I know a couple of people who believe they were Indigo Children, and they're incredibly self absorbed with no sense of personal responsibility. Most people familiar with the term probably won't see it as a good name choice, which is a shame - I rather like it, for a boy that is.

Ellarose85 Tue 26-Apr-16 09:40:28

I had a childhood friend called Indigo and I've loved the name ever since.

It was on my list for DD but a couple in our group called their daughter Indie.

DerelictMyBalls Tue 26-Apr-16 11:40:32

I work with an Indigo. I think it's a lovely name. It rolls off the tongue nicely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now