finding a middle name with meaning!

(14 Posts)
HarrysMummy17 Sun 24-Apr-16 08:04:11

Hi all,

I had a post a couple of weeks ago asking about names either Ewan or George.

My ds came early on Thursday at 36 weeks so we ran out of thinking time and decided on Ewan.

We now need a middle name.

Ds1 has 2 middle names which are both of his grandads first names.,

We wanted to give Ewan 2 middle names also. We have decided on Neil after the name of our house as he was born here after I went into labour early and my partner had to deliver him in the bedroom!

We need another name but now can't really pick a family name as we don't know which side of the family to choose from.

We have got another 18 days until we need to register him to decide!

Any ideas how to decide?!

BoboBunnyH0p Sun 24-Apr-16 08:42:32

Wow OP that sounds an eventful birth, congratulations on the arrival of Ewan.
To help with a second middle name I would consider using George because it made your shortlist, or perhaps your DPs name since he helped to deliver. If you are wanting family names how about yours your mothers or MILs maiden name, are any of them suitable?

diddl Sun 24-Apr-16 09:07:56

Congratulations!

George?

superwormissuperstrong Sun 24-Apr-16 09:18:05

Is there something that has special meaning for both of you - a song (artist or band member name), a book (author or character), a film (director or lead character) a place (that could be used as a name e.g. Brooklyn) and use that to come up with another name?

HarrysMummy17 Sun 24-Apr-16 09:46:34

Thank you for the suggestions. We thought about George but it hasn't got any meaning behind it.

Mothers maiden names don't really work.

Will see if there's a family name that could work for both sides. There may be a William on both.

Will have a think about something special that has a connection

EleanorofProvence Sun 24-Apr-16 09:50:41

Saints day? Don't know what there was on Thursday but there are usually a few to choose from.

Fannycraddock79 Sun 24-Apr-16 09:57:03

Dps name?

HarrysMummy17 Sun 24-Apr-16 10:04:57

2 days later and it was st George's day!! Than it could have been used! grin

Dp doesn't want to use his name

EleanorofProvence Sun 24-Apr-16 10:12:38

My DP was born the day before St Andrew's day and was called Andrew partly because if this. The 21st was feast day for Anselm, Conrad, John & Maximian (I think pretty much every day has a John!).

DerelictMyBalls Sun 24-Apr-16 10:37:54

Congratulations! flowers

Does your baby share a birthday with anyone famous? My DS was born on one of my favourite musicians' birthday so I chose the musician's surname as DS's middle name.

Hiddlesnake Sun 24-Apr-16 10:41:32

We went with a "meaning" middle name. DS1 has family middle names, DS2 is Asher which means happy, laughing

diddl Sun 24-Apr-16 11:26:59

Is there a name that means born/arrived early?

FlopIsMyHero Sun 24-Apr-16 11:31:36

So he was born on the Queen's 90th birthday? Any inspiration there?

Rex? grin

Congratulations btw!

ABitAsleep Mon 25-Apr-16 09:51:20

I was thinking the Queens 90th Birthday too...

I can't really think of a way to incorportate Elizabeth... But maybe Quenton? Kind of sounds like Queen, and means 'From the Queen's town'

Or a few names that mean royal/royalty/etc... Basil, Casper, Duke, Kenrick, Kyne, Kingsley, Prince, Royce, Ryan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now