Girl-
calliope Jayne
juniper

Babylove2015 Wed 06-Apr-16 17:22:10

Oooh lovely.

I love Wollf and Calliope Jayne.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Wed 06-Apr-16 17:22:30

I love Juniper.

I don't like Wolf as Volf but do as Wolf.

I'm not sure how to pronounce Calliope!

iemma321q Wed 06-Apr-16 17:22:38

Do you live in Germany?

pilates Wed 06-Apr-16 17:38:33

Sorry not keen on your choice of names except Henry which is very nice.

JanuaryJuniper Wed 06-Apr-16 17:44:23

Love Juniper, it's such a great name. I agree with a previous poster regarding preferring Wolf pronounced as Wolf not Volf.

MissBBELL Wed 06-Apr-16 17:47:28

yeah
We don't live in german but do have a lot of family out there so id wonder how it have been said in either tounge

also my other half is super keen on Juniper and against Calliope (Cal-li-o-pe)
and I'm the other way around lol

kelda Wed 06-Apr-16 17:48:57

If you live in the UK, you will be onto a lost cause if you try and insist his name is pronounced Volf.

BoboBunnyH0p Wed 06-Apr-16 17:52:29

Has Jayne been chosen as a middle name because it's a family name? If not sorry it's a safe and plain choice. Do like Wolf Henry, sorry but not a fan of the girls names.

MissBBELL Wed 06-Apr-16 18:05:54

yeah the prounce thing was more because it would be said either way but here in the uk it would just be wolf and henry for a middle name

and jayne is a middle name as a family name.

I'm also looking else where for ideas for unusual names

ThroughThickAndThin01 Wed 06-Apr-16 18:08:31

Calypso OP?

I really like Wolf Henry without the V sound, but wouldn't mind if the German relatves said it like that.

MissBBELL Wed 06-Apr-16 18:22:32

calliope was in greek mythology a muse and lover of the god of war. she was in charge of epic poetry and apparently was a great sing. I'm a history buff so love the name from that but it be cut short to calli in convo

strawberrypenguin Wed 06-Apr-16 18:25:41

I really like Calliope OP
I personally wouldn't use Wolf but I don't think it's that 'out there'

mrsschu Wed 06-Apr-16 21:49:10

I don't like any of them.

DH is German and had a university professor called Wolf which was pronounced as Wolf not Volf. You can forget anyone in the UK pronouncing it Volf!

Juniper as I'm sure you know would be pronounced like You-niper in German as the "J" has a different sound. I don't like it in any case and Calliope is awful too, sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now