Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Does Sophia Victoria sound ok together?

(19 Posts)
CradleCrapNap Thu 31-Mar-16 10:50:54

Just that really. We really want to use Victoria as a middle name as it is a family name, but love Sophia as a first name. Does it sound ok, or too many 'ias'?

MadameCholetsDirtySecret Thu 31-Mar-16 10:53:35

They are both lovely names but don't scan so well. That said how often do you say your first name and middle name together?

If you like them, use them.

Sophronia Thu 31-Mar-16 11:02:02

I think they sound fine.

CradleCrapNap Thu 31-Mar-16 11:12:28

It's not a family tradition to use Victoria, we just chose it because we wanted the middle name to be a link to the family, and Victoria links both mine and Dh's siblings. The other option could be Nicole, my middle name as mum gave me this because it also means Victorious, in keeping with my older sister's middle name.

StuffYouAllInTheCrust Thu 31-Mar-16 11:15:14

I think they sound really pretty together.

DamsenBerry Thu 31-Mar-16 11:17:06

Yeah I think that sounds pretty too, I'd go for it!

MuddhaOfSuburbia Thu 31-Mar-16 11:17:15

I'm not keen on the ia ia endings together

MuddhaOfSuburbia Thu 31-Mar-16 11:18:09

Ooh Nicole sounds better

shockwaves Thu 31-Mar-16 12:10:33

They don't flow, but I don't really think that it matters - Sophia Victoria is a pretty name. Yes, Sophia Nicole flows better, but I don't like it as much smile

SophieVictoria1213 Thu 31-Mar-16 16:43:59

My name is Sophie Victoria smile
And I have always liked it, although I must admit I've always wished I was Sophia Victoria as it has more of an old Hollywood glamour ring to it!

Sophronia Thu 31-Mar-16 16:53:45

Sophia Victoria sounds like a European princess smile

ABitAsleep Thu 31-Mar-16 16:57:02

Yes i think it works and flows nicely

wigglesrock Thu 31-Mar-16 20:14:38

It's fine, honestly it's rarely that I use my daughters middle names at all. I wouldn't overthink the running of them. My eldest has the same first name you're considering but spelt differently - it's a really lovely name.

ThinkingAboutNumber2 Thu 31-Mar-16 20:36:20

I'm not overly keen on matching endings (ia) but there's nothing wrong with it. I think Sophie Victoria sounds better but understand if you prefer Sophia as it's the name she will use every day.

seven201 Thu 31-Mar-16 20:54:20

It doesn't sound great when said out loud but I really don't think that matters at all! It's very rare you have to say your full name

CradleCrapNap Thu 31-Mar-16 21:29:08

I think I'm more with those who say it sounds pretty. DH really likes Sophie and I think it's lovely but I know soooo many. Have also added Sophie May to the pot tonight, May was the name of my Grandmother, so doesn't tie in both sides of the family but is another pretty name that I think goes well.

CradleCrapNap Thu 31-Mar-16 21:29:28

Sorry, Sophia May! I'm very tired!

CradleCrapNap Thu 31-Mar-16 21:30:47

Also, loving that we have a real life Sophie Victoria here who wishes she was a Sophia! What are the odds?

daisydalrymple Thu 31-Mar-16 21:31:51

Love it, it's pretty and sounds very grand grin yes, agree with pp who said it sounds like a European royal princess, somebody beautiful in hello magazine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now