Talk

Advanced search

A brother for Asher

(15 Posts)
PenguinWatch Wed 30-Mar-16 08:29:10

Currently 27 weeks and don't know what we're having. We have a girl's name picked but are struggling with a boy's name. DH is Israeli and I am of Irish heritage. We only had Asher for a boy first time round so didn't have any back ups!

So far DH has vetoed Ezra and Jonah for being "old man names" and Micah for being "too soft" hmm

The only name we've agreed on is Akiva but I'm not sure. Any suggestions very welcome! thanks

EmpressOfTheSevenOceans Wed 30-Mar-16 08:31:42

Well, the first name that springs to mind is Gad?

SmallBee Wed 30-Mar-16 08:34:51

I really just wanted to type out a list of all of Joseph's other brothers, so let's take that as given.
Eli
Elijah
Samson
Solomon
Reuben
Abraham
Ezekiel
David
James

Itinerary Wed 30-Mar-16 12:44:25

Zahavi
Leo
Jacob
Eben
Evan
Gabriel
Jonathan
Hiram
Theodore
Nathan
Raphael
Seamus
Simon
Tamir
Tobias
Zachary
Noah
Amal
John
Malachi
Omar
Iago
Josiah
Jed
Daniel
Joseph
Ethan
Benjamin
Samuel
Levi
Seth

SoThatHappened Fri 01-Apr-16 03:03:47

SmallBee you are way off.

Josephs brothers / Jacob's sons were:

Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Dan, Naphtali, Gad, Asher, Issachar, Zebulun, Joseph, and Benjamin

Where on earth did you get your list from?

Zebulun is cool

EmpressOfTheSevenOceans Fri 01-Apr-16 06:57:15

I read SmallBee's post as meaning "Jacob's brothers, and then all these other names."

dudsville Fri 01-Apr-16 07:12:16

Arlo! Arlo and Asher.

PenguinWatch Fri 01-Apr-16 11:14:40

Thanks for all your suggestions! Unfortunately the names we both like off those lists are already taken by family/close friends sad

Although Arlo I like...I think DH is going to veto though. He keeps suggesting more obscure Hebrew names that involve some kind of guttural inflection that I cannot pull off!!

SwedishEdith Fri 01-Apr-16 15:05:21

Jesse. Jesse and Asher are my imaginary sons.

peachypips Fri 01-Apr-16 15:07:29

Silas?

SoThatHappened Fri 01-Apr-16 19:23:55

I read SmallBee's post as meaning "Jacob's brothers, and then all these other names."

Yes I can see that now.

That is what happens when you post at 3am!!!! LOL

Idiot I am

Voteforpedr0 Fri 01-Apr-16 19:25:55

Abe (Abraham ) or Isaac ?

AutumnRose1988 Fri 01-Apr-16 20:22:08

SwedishEdith I love the name Jesse but so scared to use it! I'm so worried id lumber my child with snake that might cause them to be teased but I love it and Jesse and Asher do go lovely together xx

Yika Fri 01-Apr-16 20:28:16

Asher is a lovely name.

I second Jesse .
Adam
Leon
Jared

Meggymoodle Fri 01-Apr-16 20:33:12

Jotham. I don't offer it up very often as I love it too much to think of it being over used! It is DS' middle name and I always wish I'd stuck to my guns and gone with it as a first name. It's Gideon's youngest son I believe if you need a reference and means "yahweh is perfect"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now