American Ear Needed, Please!

(9 Posts)
sivan99 Mon 21-Mar-16 20:34:35

I need an American ear desperately!
I’m 13 weeks pregnant with a boy, and wanted one of his names to be a Hebrew name; I would still like the name to sound good in the states…
Could anybody give their opinion on the following?

Kol
Orad
Korren
Zeev
Kedem

Thank you so very very much!
(Haven’t had much time to make American friends since I moved to FL, so I got no one to ask…)

Bluesand1 Tue 22-Mar-16 11:28:04

I'm not American but hope someone replies for you soon!

Bluesand1 Tue 22-Mar-16 11:30:07

I do think Americans are much more open to lots of different names than some are in the UK

Izzyathome Tue 22-Mar-16 22:37:59

Try www.babycenter.com? Or nameberry.com.

Ward3new Tue 22-Mar-16 23:02:50

American ear heresmile

I would say it depends what name you're using these for... First, middle, etc. but I'll answer as if these are first names. I would say Americans are generally accepting of most names, especially if you find yourself in a larger city where there will be much more diversity.

Kol - might get some suggestions on spelling but overall will be accepted, similar to Cole
Orad - not too sure about this one, for a middle name yes, but I wouldn't necessarily go for it as a first
Korren - I think this will be the most widely accepted, it's not similar to any names I know. Possible downfall: similar to the girls name Corrine
Zeev - actually love this, may be mistaken for Steve at first?
Kedem - wasn't sure about this at first but it's really starting to grow on me, it's distant without being too over the top. Might slightly sound like Kevin to others?

SanityClause Tue 22-Mar-16 23:08:30

They can tell it's a boy at 13 weeks now?

SanityClause Tue 22-Mar-16 23:11:20

Sorry, that wasn't meant to sound disbelieving. It's just, when I had my DC, they couldn't tell that early. I had scans at 12 weeks for each of my DC. The youngest is now 12, so we're talking some time ago!

TheTartOfAsgard Tue 22-Mar-16 23:13:29

If you're open to suggestions, I love the Hebrew name Yaniv

Izzyathome Tue 22-Mar-16 23:29:48

SanityClause they can tell from 8 weeks now with a chromosome test.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now