Talk

Advanced search

Baby name statistics website?

(8 Posts)
JeopardyMouse Tue 15-Mar-16 23:59:15

What's the website that tells you how many babies have been registered with that name in the UK each year? I've googled high and low but can't seem to find it.

StitchesInTime Wed 16-Mar-16 00:05:55

On phone so can't copy and paste, but try googling "Office for National Statistics baby names"

The Office for National Statistics collect all the data so it should be on their website somewhere.

JeopardyMouse Wed 16-Mar-16 00:11:26

Thanks I've just looked there but it wasn't that site as ONS only seem to list the top 100, as far as I can see.

The website I found let you search for a name and it would then tell you how many babies had that name for the previous years. It was really interesting!

CaptainKit Wed 16-Mar-16 00:13:39

Darkgreener? That one lets you type in a name and see a graph for the past however many years.

CaptainKit Wed 16-Mar-16 00:15:13

names.darkgreener.com

Don't know if the link will happen automatically as am on my phone, but here's the site I'm thinking of.

badtime Wed 16-Mar-16 00:23:18

The ONS have the full tables. The links are in point 10 'Further information'.

www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/livebirths/bulletins/babynamesenglandandwales/2015-08-17

It's not for the UK, though. It is for England & Wales.

stiffstink Wed 16-Mar-16 10:13:20

There's a spreadsheet with the top 100 etc and tab 6 of the spreadsheet shows all names in order from most popular.

JeopardyMouse Wed 16-Mar-16 14:12:09

That's brilliant thank you everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now