Talk

Advanced search

DS1 - Help!

(11 Posts)
JustMeAndHim Wed 09-Mar-16 13:01:53

I could really do with some inspiration please!!

All along DH and I have agreed on Edward James as a boy. Now I'm having a wobble, I don't know why. I like Ed, Ted, Teddy as NN but can't stand Eddy and I feel like maybe it's too boring.

That being said we don't want anything trendy or hipster and I don't want anything wildly popular (I know Edward is popular but I'm talking top 10).

DH likes Sebastian but I keep thinking of the crab in little mermaid (complete with accent!) and I like Theodore - could also be Teddy but DH doesn't.

Is it me or are boys names more difficult!? Please help!!

RortyCrankle Wed 09-Mar-16 13:52:38

How about Marcus?

Ilovegummibaers Wed 09-Mar-16 14:31:44

Marcus is great or how about Dominic, Quentin or Elliot?

JustMeAndHim Wed 09-Mar-16 14:51:46

DH likes Elliot but I have a friend with a DS called that. We both like Henry but it's really popular ... Argh!

OneMagnumisneverenough Wed 09-Mar-16 15:07:12

Edward is fine and he is unlikely to be Eddie unless he personally wants to be and you can continue to call him Edward if you like.

Or you could go for Edgar or Edwin instead?

Other suggestions:

Miles
Lawrence
Gregory
Guy
Peter
Benjamin/Benedict
Sylvester
David
Michael
Matthew
Andrew
Alastair

Absolutelyfabulously Thu 10-Mar-16 09:27:50

I was going to suggest Edmund. Slightly less popular but can still use the same nn's. I actually prefer it to Edward...

JustMeAndHim Thu 10-Mar-16 19:42:57

Thank you for your suggestions!

It's so hard. DH had suggested the following alternatives but I still don't feel like I can get on board with any of them:

Henry
Harry
Sebastian
Joseph
Ewan
Ethan
Elliot

We had a girls name that I love and I'm finding this really hard in comparison. Sod's law!

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Thu 10-Mar-16 20:11:10

How about Ned for a nn.
Other suggestions.
Thomas
Timothy
Charles
Andrew
Daniel
Samuel

OneMagnumisneverenough Thu 10-Mar-16 20:25:54

I quite like some of your OHs suggestions, particularly Joseph, Elliot and Ewan.

I'd add Evan.

JustMeAndHim Thu 10-Mar-16 21:08:02

I quite like Sebastian, Ewan and Ethan but I don't love any of them. Maybe that's the problem, I'm expecting too much!!

I quite like Iestyn, we are Welsh but live in England and I'm not sure if I'd be lumbering him with a name he'd have to explain for the rest of his life

OneMagnumisneverenough Thu 10-Mar-16 21:24:54

I wouldn't worry about that if you love it. People are having to get used to all sorts of different names. My son has a Gaelic name and someone phoned me today about an appointment for him and got it straight off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now