Finding a name we like as much 2nd time around

(13 Posts)
YellowPirate Mon 07-Mar-16 14:21:54

It's very early days yet, and it might not be a boy anyway, but I am really struggling to think of a boy's name we like as much as our DS 1's name.

He is called Patrick, which is a family name. We usually use the full name, but like all of the potential shortenings too. Basically I think it's the perfect name and nothing else seems to come close!

Anyone else have this problem? We have a few ideas, but a lot are those that we either don't like the long or the short version. Or even where we do, it doesn't seem that special as we don't have a family connection to it.

X

OneMagnumisneverenough Mon 07-Mar-16 14:40:02

Patrick the Second? smile

We struggled with a name for DS1 - eventually had a choice of 2 and picked one (he was 3 days old). When we were having our second we decided not to even think of names until they were born - he was nameless for a week and a half. We couldn't use our 2nd choice name as it sounded too similar to DS1s name. We went back to names we had rejected first time round and agreed on one - I actually like it better than DS1s name as it was one of my picks on the original list whereas DS1s name was a compromise name. I do like his name, though if pushed I wish we'd picked the other one. If we had picked the other one then it would have, in turn been too similar to DS2s and we wouldn't have picked that one! confused

It's really too hard isn't it? I'm sure our parents didn't worry that much about it.

wigglesrock Mon 07-Mar-16 17:28:35

Patrick & Lawrence
Patrick & Peter
Patrick & Dominic
Patrick & James
Patrick & Nicolas
Patrick & Robert
Patrick & John
Patrick & Luke
Patrick & Myles
Patrick & Thomas

I'm now just listing members of my dads family grin

shutupandshop Mon 07-Mar-16 18:26:27

Peter

Sophronia Mon 07-Mar-16 18:34:05

Andrew
Alexander
Benjamin
Benedict
Christopher
Edward
Daniel
Francis
Gregory
Joseph
Jonathan
Laurence
Matthew
Michael
Nicholas
Nathaniel
Philip
Robert
Stephen
Timothy
Thomas
Theodore
Vincent
William

3rdrockfromthesun Mon 07-Mar-16 18:58:41

Douglas

catlover91 Tue 08-Mar-16 00:37:49

Patrick and Myles is so cute.
Logan
Felix
Eduardo
Dylan
Phoenix
Zac

ABitAsleep Tue 08-Mar-16 12:27:42

Patrick and Declan
Patrick and Dion
Patrick and Anthony/Antony
Patrick and Robin
Patrick and Christopher
Patrick and Christian
Patrick and Bobby (Robert)
Patrick and Isaac
Patrick and Reese/Rhys
Patrick and Keiran/Keiron
Patrick and Jacob
Patrick anf Jason
Patrick and Aaron
Patrick and Ryan
Patrick and Connor
Patrick and Colin
Patrick and Archie
Patrick and Bertie (Albert)

Spottyladybird Thu 10-Mar-16 18:22:15

Edward
Gregory
Stefan
William
George

I think something traditional but not popular would work.

whatdoIget Thu 10-Mar-16 19:40:56

Joseph or George go well

lljkk Thu 10-Mar-16 19:48:51

Connor.

Pippafisher Fri 11-Mar-16 06:54:45

Patrick and Rowan? Underused but lovely. Charlie is another option

Shirkingfromhome Fri 11-Mar-16 07:13:35

Yep, exactly the same problem here. We're due ds2 any day now and have a list of 4 boys names that we don't hate! I love ds1's name (we only really had one boys name that we both agreed on), and nothing's coming close this time round. Some lovely suggestions for you above though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now