Talk

Advanced search

Jaycee

(44 Posts)
catlover91 Sun 06-Mar-16 03:00:17

Not sure if I should use Jaycee as full name as DH thinks it sounds "common" but we have no ideas what to use as the full name to get Jacyee as a NN. Any longer name suggestions or opinions on Jaycee?

MyNewBearTotoro Sun 06-Mar-16 04:07:36

I don't know of any name in which Jaycee is a usual shortening. I guess you could use it as a family nickname for any girls name beginning with a 'jay' sound (eg: Jade, Jane) even if it wasn't a natural nickname.

Or maybe you could give your DD a first name beginning with J and a middle name beginning with C (eg: Jennifer Clara, Jessica Claire) and as her initials would be JC again you could use Jaycee as the family nickname.

Alternatively do you like Josie? I know a Josie short for Josephine and another short for Joanne. Could also use Joanna or Joceline or maybe your DH would prefer it as a stand alone name to Jaycee? Or Joycee might work as a nickname to a name such as Joyce, Joceline or Joy if you like any of those?

Thelastusername Sun 06-Mar-16 04:19:11

Jesus Christ- then refer to child using its initials grin

NisekoWhistler Sun 06-Mar-16 04:19:55

I didn't know if was a boy or a girls name. Sounds like a NN for someone with the initials JC or Jesus Christ.

Wouldn't be my choice but it's your baby and not some random mumsnetter

frillyfairylights Sun 06-Mar-16 04:23:52

I know someone called Jacinta who is shortened to JC. It's a beautiful name and really suits her, she's very cool.

Scarydinosaurs Sun 06-Mar-16 05:40:34

Jacinta is lovely

peacefuleasyfeeling Sun 06-Mar-16 06:27:55

Mix and match?

John Claude
James Cyril
Jeremy Charles

Jemima Catherine
Judith Clementine
Jill Charlotte

...and so on. Mix and match. Congratulations smile

villainousbroodmare Sun 06-Mar-16 09:38:27

I would go with the Jennifer Clare approach, not necessarily those two names but something like that. Two nice names plus the nickname you want. I agree with your DH re Jaycee.

OrangeNoodle Sun 06-Mar-16 09:42:35

Jaycee will always be associated with Jaycee Dugard for me.

Palomb Sun 06-Mar-16 09:44:41

I agree with your DH too and TBH I think any shortened initials type names are the same.

EvilTwins Sun 06-Mar-16 09:46:09

I teach a child whose full name is Jacey.

HandbagsAndTheGladrags Sun 06-Mar-16 09:53:47

If you've already chosen the nn you plan to use and assuming this will be your child's 'everyday' name, i don't see the problem in using it as the full name - 'common' sounding or not, its what you will call your child daily anyway.

MamaLazarou Sun 06-Mar-16 11:05:06

Yes, just call the kid Jaycee if that's the name you're going to be using on a daily basis anyway.

BiscuitMillionaire Sun 06-Mar-16 11:11:46

Only on MN would someone ask if they should call their baby Jaycee and posters reply call her Jacinta.

OP, seriously, if you like JC as a nickname, you can call your child any name you like as their official name, then use any nickname you like too. But if you want JC as initials, then you could choose something like Juliette Clare, or Jennifer Chloe.

EllenTheEgret Sun 06-Mar-16 11:13:53

I'm really not keen in Jaycee. Sorry.

Jacinta is OK.

Jennifer Clare (or other combination) would be best I think.

Sophronia Sun 06-Mar-16 12:06:52

Jaycee reminds me of Jaycee Dugard too.

catlover91 Sun 06-Mar-16 12:57:12

I think the spelling Jaycee is also making it feel more common I do prefer it spelt Jacey. I am more worried about job applications more than anything, not whether other people find it common or not! Also worried about whether she would appreciate being called Jacey when she is an adult in the workplace, Jacinta is beautiful but will probably be veoted by DH and MIL looks like it is back to the drawing board!

EvilTwins Sun 06-Mar-16 13:03:45

The Jacey I teach is male, btw.

PennyHasNoSurname Sun 06-Mar-16 13:08:37

Jacey/Jaycee cant be a proper name surely?

Maybe Jessica Catherine Surname and nn her JC?

DingleberryFinn Sun 06-Mar-16 13:13:08

I would have assumed it was a male name, reminds me of Jay Z.

If you're interested in name meanings, "Jay" means "rejoice" and "Cee" means "blind". Both of Latin origin.

Jw35 Sun 06-Mar-16 13:22:50

I'm not keen but if you go for it is spell it Jacie

tethersend Sun 06-Mar-16 14:11:08

I've taught two Jaceys- one male, one female. Both lovely.

HolgerDanske Sun 06-Mar-16 14:14:16

Yeah not keen at all, but each to their own. I'd second suggestion of two given names with initials J and C.

EssentialHummus Sun 06-Mar-16 14:14:23

Another vote for the Jennifer Catherine Jesus Christ approach

lo0ol Sun 06-Mar-16 14:42:39

Not keen, along with Kaycee, Maycee and Laycee.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now