Talk

Advanced search

Girl names

(9 Posts)
Summ3r Thu 03-Mar-16 17:06:45

I've picked a boys name but cannot decide or agree on a girls name. I love Matilda, Nora and Freya but husband doesn't (in fact he doesn't really like any names) hubby likes Lola and Mia
My list
Matilda
Esme
Hermione
Isabelle
Pippa
Rosanna
Ava
Hubby not as keen 😒 Anyone any other suggestions?

possum18 Thu 03-Mar-16 17:13:21

As your DH likes shorter names, how about finding one from your list or similar that can be shortened so you can both sort of compromise?
My names on your list - I'm a Rosanna. My grandparents have always called me Rosie and I tend to go by Rose.

Going from your list, other names might be Penelope (Penny/Nelly) or Ophelia?

Congratulations thanks

Summ3r Thu 03-Mar-16 18:59:10

Thank u great idea !

shez29 Thu 03-Mar-16 20:20:45

My daughter is called Layla. We had lola and lyla on our list. Fell in love with name Layla tho.

Matilda and ava are very pretty tho smile x

Summ3r Thu 03-Mar-16 22:36:20

I love the name Layla but hubby doesn't

possum18 Fri 04-Mar-16 00:28:35

DP and I found when we could agree on naming our twins, it was really helpful to buy a big name book or print a list off from online and either sit together or separately with two coloured pens and put a dot next to ones you like. All the names with pink dots I liked, and blue dots he liked - then any that needed up with two dots became our short list.
Very time consuming but we found it really helpful, especially having to find two names we both agreed on, but that also went well together. Finally with a few weeks left to go, they have been preliminary named!

How long have you got to go op?

Summ3r Fri 04-Mar-16 08:28:19

Also a really good idea ! Thank u ! I've 11 weeks and 3 days left lol but we've been looking for a name from 12 weeks pregnant 😩

babyand Fri 04-Mar-16 21:40:08

My lg is called freya i love it and people always comment on how lovely it is. My partner was also pushing for mia. I also love pippa and darcy

JudgeJudySheindlin Fri 04-Mar-16 22:37:48

Fate found our name as it was on the front page of a wildlife magazine. The name leapt out at us when I was 39 weeks pregnant. No we didn't call Dd Tigergrin She was named after a journalist who wrote an article in said magazinewink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now