Ethan
Jude
Nathaniel
Lucas
Maxwell
Austin
Theodore

Astrophe Sat 27-Feb-16 12:01:56

I don't see your lists as being that different- eg Samson, Zachariah, Isaac and Joseph all very traditional biblical names!

If that's your common ground, maybe there is anther biblical name you both may like? Noah, Elijah, Barnabas, Jonah, Solomon, Moses, Levi, Daniel, Samuel, Aaron, Jacob, Ezra, Malachi, Josiah, Jeremiah...

julfin Sat 27-Feb-16 12:47:21

Yes bible names definitely seem like a good option - if you look into this category a bit more, you can find lots of names that are traditional but still unusual.

Zachary would be a perfect choice - and Zack for short is a bit like your Jack. Zack can also be short for Isaac of course.

Or what about Samuel? Similar to his Samson but nice and traditional - and the nn Sam is good too.

I like all the names on your list and most of the names on his, with the exception of Emmett (which reminds me of Hyacinth Bucket and keeping up appearances) and Devon which (I'm sorry but) I think is chavvy.

julfin Sat 27-Feb-16 12:47:58

Yes bible names definitely seem like a good option - if you look into this category a bit more, you can find lots of names that are traditional but still unusual.

Zachary would be a perfect choice - and Zack for short is a bit like your Jack. Zack can also be short for Isaac of course.

Or what about Samuel? Similar to his Samson but nice and traditional - and the nn Sam is good too.

I like all the names on your list and most of the names on his, with the exception of Emmett (which reminds me of Hyacinth Bucket and keeping up appearances) and Devon which (I'm sorry but) I think is chavvy.

NadiaWadia Sat 27-Feb-16 14:45:06

I only like Zachariah out of his list.

I like all yours except Tristan, which seems a bit wussy, somehow.

Wardrobespierre Sat 27-Feb-16 14:52:07

I had a similar thought. Biblical names would perhaps work along with combining your styles. So Josiah instead of Joseph or Giacomo instead of Jack or Isaiah instead or Isaac. Your nickname potential is unaltered and the traditional and unusual combined.

FrancisdeSales Sat 27-Feb-16 18:38:07

You need an unusual traditional name:

Maximillian
Fabian
Gabriel
Julius
Lucas
Zeke (Ezekial)
Hank
Raymond
Kristian
Patrick
Thaddeus
Marcus
Dominic

FrancisdeSales Sat 27-Feb-16 18:38:36

Piers
or
Pierce

Bluesand1 Sat 27-Feb-16 20:29:38

Ethan
Zachary / Zach
Gabriel / Gabe

All biblical

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now