Opinion on name for DS

(22 Posts)
cluelessfirsttimer1 Fri 19-Feb-16 23:10:55

I'm due in early Summer. No idea of the sex but we have a girl name picked already.
I'm stuck on boys names and the only name that DH hasn't totally eliminated is Ezra. He is still a little bit unsure of it and I obviously wouldn't force him to go ahead with it if his final say is no. But I'm wanting other people's opinions before I work on him a little more. Middle name will be Alfred. Surname is 6 letters starting with a B so initials will be EAB. Don't currently know anyone with the name

KatieT12 Fri 19-Feb-16 23:15:44

I don't like it, sorry

MaryRobinson Fri 19-Feb-16 23:19:11

Not for me

Allalonenow Fri 19-Feb-16 23:22:31

Not too keen on Ezra, but really like Alfred, nn Alfie for a little boy is lovely.

Dungandbother Fri 19-Feb-16 23:25:40

Not for me either. Sorry.

Now George is a great name !

cluelessfirsttimer1 Fri 19-Feb-16 23:27:56

There is way too many Alfie's around here. That's been my first choice for years but it's so popular now that I wouldn't use it as a first name. What is it you don't like about it? The name Ezra on it's own? Or the Ezra Alfred?

EssentialHummus Fri 19-Feb-16 23:29:19

I rather like Ezra, though I can't imagine nn options beyond "Ez"/"Ezzie".

cluelessfirsttimer1 Fri 19-Feb-16 23:33:12

Hummus I was looking for a short name what wouldn't get shortened but it's gonna happen either way. Plus surname as a whole tends to be used as a nickname. Most boys eventually end up getting known by their surname at some point.

Any suggestions from anyone. Milo was also a possibility but haven't spoken much on that as Ezra was my first choice. I'm open to suggestions. Preferably a name what isn't popular as I don't want my child being known as 'such and such 2' at school if it's a popular name

ILoveACornishPasty Fri 19-Feb-16 23:34:53

Arthur. I want an Arthur but after five sons my husband has drawn the line so I'm living my life vicariously through you. Please call him
Arthur-beautiful name!

TheOptimisticPessimist Fri 19-Feb-16 23:37:48

Well I'll go against the grain - I love Ezra! Different, but easy to pronounce and spell. I like the way it looks and sounds, but apparently that's a minority opinion grin

KatieT12 Sat 20-Feb-16 00:05:15

It's the Ezra I don't like, Milo is a bit better

thebiscuitindustry Sat 20-Feb-16 00:17:38

I like Ezra, but I don't think it flows well with Alfred as a middle name because the "a" sounds run together.

Vixxfacee Sat 20-Feb-16 00:19:12

I like it.

thebiscuitindustry Sat 20-Feb-16 00:19:47

Milo is nice too.

Mark
Jude
Cole
Jacob
Saul
Luke
Isaac
Miles
George
Peter
Seth

cluelessfirsttimer1 Sat 20-Feb-16 00:22:43

Yeah that's what I was worried about thebiscuitindustry. The middle name is non negotiable at all either. Staying at Alfred. Just don't know what to choose for the first name.
I do actually like Arthur and I quite like when it's sometimes shortened to Artie

steppemum Sat 20-Feb-16 00:23:45

I love Ezra, unusual and distinctive, but totally recognisable.
I like the z sound too.

Not sure if it works with Alfred.

Sophronia Sat 20-Feb-16 06:01:49

I like Ezra Alfred!

Twooter Sat 20-Feb-16 06:08:51

You very rarely say the first two names together spirit wouldn't worry about it. Rd Ezra, I wouldn't have chosen it myself but I do quite like it.

Havalina1 Sat 20-Feb-16 06:12:04

I like Ezra smile

Horseshoe1 Sat 20-Feb-16 09:24:21

How about Eli / Elias?

Ezra is fine but I agree about the run on 'a' sound. You could add another name like Ezra Benjamin Alfred or something?

DontKillMyVibe Sat 20-Feb-16 15:12:33

I like Ezra. My friend had a baby recently and called him Ezra and it really suits him.

cecilelliott Sun 21-Feb-16 10:08:49

Ezra is a great name!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now