Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can't agree on girls' names

(19 Posts)
freckleonear Fri 19-Feb-16 11:44:23

We’re expecting our third child in a few weeks and hubby and I are really struggling to agree on girls’ names this time.

Our son is Aaron Isaac and our daughter is Tabitha Rose. It is very important to me that at least one of the names is Biblical. I love the name Jemima, and also like Elisabeth and Martha. Elisabeth would be lovely as it is hubby’s adopted mum’s middle name, but we would prefer it as a middle name as we’re not very keen on any of the nicknames. Ruth is a family name on my mother’s side so is also an option as a middle name.

Hubby likes nature names (Hazel, Heather, Robin, Rowan, Willow). I would maybe agree to use one as a middle name but don’t like any of them enough as a first name. He also likes Abigail but I think having an Abby and a Tabby would be ridiculous!

Alice and Isabelle are two of the compromise names that we don’t exactly love but don’t hate either. So Alice Elisabeth or Isabelle Jemima/Ruth are possibilities. Our surname begins with a B and has two syllables.

Suggestions welcome, we’re really stuck!

SummerMonths Fri 19-Feb-16 11:52:01

Alive and Isobel are lovely and go well with Aaron and Tabitha.

You are right that you can't sensibly have an Abby and a Tabby.

We know a couple of Tabithas. One has a sister called Bea (Beatrice) and they other has a sister called Eloise. I like both those names too.

Sophronia Fri 19-Feb-16 12:10:53

Jemima Ruth would be lovely

thebiscuitindustry Fri 19-Feb-16 12:32:36

I like Isabelle Ruth, or Ruth Isabelle.

Grace
Anna
Abigail
Chloe
Naomi
Rachel
Tamar
Lydia
Rebecca
Eve
Miriam
Ada

Borninthe60s Fri 19-Feb-16 12:48:10

Mary?

KatieT12 Fri 19-Feb-16 12:58:15

I love Isabelle and Alice is nice.

I do like Leah - that's biblical!

Lancelottie Fri 19-Feb-16 13:02:05

Would he go for Jasmine as a nature name? Jasmine Elisabeth flows well, to my ear.

NoncommittalToSparkleMotion Fri 19-Feb-16 13:06:40

Bethany?

cosmicglittergirl Fri 19-Feb-16 13:16:34

Iris Elizabeth.

Lancelottie Fri 19-Feb-16 15:57:20

Jemima Robin or Jemima Willow have a certain something about them too

Surely Jemima(h) (apparently the most beautiful daughter of Job... and certainly a better name option than Kerrenhappuch) gives you your biblical name without looking further afield, anyway?

babyandnames Fri 19-Feb-16 17:52:52

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

HerbieRidesAgain Fri 19-Feb-16 18:44:26

Isabel Grace
Jemima Ruth
Alice Elisabeth

IsEatBedThyme Fri 19-Feb-16 19:59:03

Jemima Ruth is gorgeous.

Spandexpants007 Fri 19-Feb-16 20:10:01

What about Fleur or Flora or peony

Jemima Ruth is perfect though

Spandexpants007 Fri 19-Feb-16 20:11:22

Jessamine is beautiful though

freckleonear Fri 19-Feb-16 20:27:21

Thanks for the suggestions. Jemima Ruth has been my first choice all along, but hubby is not keen. Neither of us like Jasmine unfortunately. Grace is my middle name, otherwise that would have been a possibility. Hmmm!

PunkAssMoFo Fri 19-Feb-16 22:32:29

Jemima elisabeth is my favourite combo.

Alternatively Naomi as suggested upthread.

manicinsomniac Sat 20-Feb-16 00:24:03

Is Grace being your middle name a problem? I have the same middle name as my mum. I don't if that's the reason I have it or just because it's such a default 80s middle name but it's certainly never been a problem.

Mind you, although I really like Isabel Grace, I think Jemima Ruth is nicer and much more original.

Or, how about Keziah or Dinah? Both go well with Tabitha and Aaron I think.

I love Rebekah, Naomi and Miriam from other suggestions.

NanaNina Sat 20-Feb-16 00:42:54

How about Delilah Ruth....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now