Talk

Advanced search

Names we like are too similar to other children's

(7 Posts)
Baz13 Wed 10-Feb-16 20:52:22

TTc baby number 3.
I love talking about names, my children have nn names but some of the names I am drawn to seem too similar.

Charlie and Tilly are my children's names - for family members we love the name Lottie for a girl...but is this awful and too cutesy? ...Yes I know the other two are so don;t know if I want to do it again.

The only other name for a girl on our list is Margot (after DH granny Margaret)
Boys names we like are: Oliver, Arthur, Alfred, Albert, Alistair, Henry and Harry. There are more, but these are the favourites.

Shall I stay away form cutesy names?

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Wed 10-Feb-16 21:04:06

Cutesy names are fine. If theyre your thing. We all have our naming styles, dont we.
Is Charlie a girl or a boy. Assuming it's a girl. You can hardly have a Charlie and a Lottie as siblings. As they're both variations of Charlotte. It'd be like have a Lizzie and a Beth.
Other alternatives to Lottie. To match Charlie and Tilly
Annie
Daisy
Maisy
Libby
Abbie
Molly
Dolly
Ellie
Lucy
Lilia
Kitty
Sally
Katie
Janie
Marnie
Patsy.
Poppy
Penny
Winnie
Nelly

Wishful80sMontage Wed 10-Feb-16 21:06:39

You can't use Charlie and lottie together as said above- all your other names are fine with the siblings though

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Wed 10-Feb-16 21:12:00

Sophie
Sadie
Tallie
Bonnie
Connie
Bridie

Baz13 Wed 10-Feb-16 21:49:45

Charlie is a boy (haha)

The connection is there as Charlotte and Charlie (Charles) are variations of each other and Lancelot is a family name and men and women were called Lot and Lottie.

Just thought I would ask smile
Thank you for your honesty

MaryRobinson Thu 11-Feb-16 02:00:00

I like both Margot and Margaret.

tinofbiscuits Thu 11-Feb-16 02:57:41

Violet
Annie
Callie
Elsie
Greta (for the Margaret connection)
Naomi
Faye
Katie

I like your boys list, particularly Oliver, Albert, Alistair and Henry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now