Talk

Advanced search

Can you see an issue with this combination of names?

(18 Posts)
Dontspeak16 Sat 06-Feb-16 12:18:04

This might out me but I have not had this username long and I can't be bothered to name change.

We have DD1 Stella
DS 1 George
DS2 is due soon and we are thinking of Lucas

Can you see a problem/issue with this combination? DH mentioned something last night but we think it is minor and it has not put us off. I just wondered if anyone else can see it and what the general opinion of MN is?

LastOneDancing Sat 06-Feb-16 12:20:48

Starwars?

I dont know if I'd immediately catch on though unless it was written down like that.

IoraRua Sat 06-Feb-16 12:21:11

As in George Lucas the director? Spotted it right away.
If it bothers you you could always just call him Luca.

IoraRua Sat 06-Feb-16 12:22:00

And of course Stella does make the Star Wars connection stronger...

babyblabber Sat 06-Feb-16 12:33:14

George Lucas is pretty obvious even for a non Star Wars fan like me. And Stella means star, right?

It's not a bad association but I would defo think it was done on purpose by fans of the movies

OhPudding Sat 06-Feb-16 12:42:13

The George and Lucas thing I noticed, but its very tenuous - wouldn't bother me.

Stella thing didn't even cross my mind.

JenEric Sat 06-Feb-16 12:43:41

I thought George Lucas straight away when names said together.

DontKillMyVibe Sat 06-Feb-16 12:49:05

Thought Star Wars straight away. Are you and your DH big Star Wars fans?

Dontspeak16 Sat 06-Feb-16 12:49:16

Yes it is the George Lucas star wars thing, hadn't even thought about the Stella/Star connection.
We are fans but not massively so and we didn't pick the names because of this.
DH does not like Luca (or any of the other names I like) so I think we might go with this anyway, unless we can find another name we both like in the next few weeks.

SnuffleGruntSnorter Sat 06-Feb-16 12:56:59

I'm afraid I immediately thought of Star Wars including the Stella connection. I'd assume you'd done it on purpose.

I've never watched Star Wars and this still jumped to mind immediately

BendydickCuminsnatch Sat 06-Feb-16 13:43:23

Same, never watched SW but connected all 3 names immediately. Not a good or bad connection IMO.

Sofiria Sat 06-Feb-16 13:51:43

I'd assume you were big Star Wars fans, too. It's not a bad association for me, but I think it's only usable if you don't mind people commenting on the connection.

ProfGrammaticus Sat 06-Feb-16 13:55:49

I know a family with teenagers called Ross and Rachel, I think of Friends every time I see them.

Jesabel Sat 06-Feb-16 13:57:05

People would think you were Star Wars fans if they heard all three (or just the boys) names together, but who cares?

I know someone who called their son Jed Isaac, surname Knight.

Dontspeak16 Sat 06-Feb-16 15:48:00

We don't mind people thinking we are fans. I think people who already know Stella and George probably would not notice, maybe just if they were writing all the names down for a card or something.
Someone we met recently thought we were Beatles fans based on Stella McCartney and George Harrison which I thought was a big jump smile

Lizziedripping1 Sat 06-Feb-16 18:09:41

I didn't get it...was trying to look way too hard...I don't think anyone would really pay that much attention to it after the initial introduction. On a slightly different tack I have a dog called Lucas pronounced Luca as it is the French version...so you could have a choice

MrsBenWyatt Sun 07-Feb-16 17:10:44

Star Wars - but I like it and it wouldn't put me off!

MauriceMossMug Sun 07-Feb-16 17:17:10

I probably wouldn't notice until you said them together.

"George, Lucas, come here please"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now