Talk

Advanced search

Initials... WOW...

(22 Posts)
FoxgloveStar Fri 05-Feb-16 06:44:13

We are set on a middle name which gives the initials "X"OW. Now, there a number of letters for first names I think this rules out e.g COW!!

Our favourite first name leaves us with WOW, which I realise has a comedy aspect but we haven't come up with any other boys names we like so far. I think we'll find it difficult to shift now as this name is sticking.

Any thoughts? How much do initials matter?

Also anyone have thoughts on a first and surname combo with lots of Ws in it? I think it has a great ring, similar sound to William Wordsworth but I think others might think it's a bit much.

ChalkHearts Fri 05-Feb-16 06:46:55

Wow are great initials! Go for it.

My DD actually changed her middle name to get initials which made a cool word.

PicnicPie Fri 05-Feb-16 07:02:22

I love those initials.

HelpfulChap Fri 05-Feb-16 07:06:53

Have two middle names. Lots of cool words to me made there

LastOneDancing Fri 05-Feb-16 07:11:12

WOW are fun initials!

My DH suggested a name with the initials FCK.

No DH. No.

BikeRunSki Fri 05-Feb-16 07:12:01

I think it's great. Distinctive at least!

mrsschu Fri 05-Feb-16 07:37:34

WOW as a set of initials is pretty cool IMO! Also my initials are never, ever used. I know lots of people will come on and say how their initials are used frequently but I have never been in a situation where I was referred to by my initials. And using a middle initial routinely would be even more unusual, no?

StitchesInTime Fri 05-Feb-16 07:39:41

I like WOW grin

TheDowagerCuntess Fri 05-Feb-16 07:47:56

Are you kidding?! It's fantastic!

DS has a friend who's WW - not sure of his middle name - very distinctive, in a good way.

Missindesicive Fri 05-Feb-16 08:02:10

I think wow makes his initials very positive! smile

GoldPlatedBacon Fri 05-Feb-16 08:03:15

Awesome - he'll use it as a pick up line though

LillyBugg Fri 05-Feb-16 08:03:23

My DS is BAT. We were set on 'AT' so it rather limited us in having initials that didn't spell anything. I'd say go with it. It'll be fine.

Fourormore Fri 05-Feb-16 08:03:34

They're great initials!

GrimmauldPlace Fri 05-Feb-16 08:08:33

My DD's initials are RAT blush We didn't even notice until a couple of months after we registered her. She's 3 now and it's never been mentioned by anyone. Her initials are rarely used. I have 3 middle names so I've never written my initials with my middle names included.

I say go for it. WOW is pretty cool anyway!

FoxgloveStar Fri 05-Feb-16 08:08:45

Thanks for the positive responses folks. Knowing my geek friends, I'm sure I'll be asked if its a World of Warcraft reference, but I think I can cope with that!!

Armywifelife Fri 05-Feb-16 09:00:08

My initials were CAT and I always loved it! I actually miss them after getting married!
My DM tells me that she wanted the name Francesca for me but couldn't face giving me FAT grin

PizzaConnoisseur Fri 05-Feb-16 09:04:20

Who really uses initials in this day and age? I think it's a non-issue mostly. In the playground these days they have far more interesting things to talk about.

Thatrabbittrickedme Fri 05-Feb-16 09:25:14

Initials are used a lot in the workplace for minutes/action logs etc. In our company you only use the middle initial if there is more than one person with the same initials. I'd avoid COW though....

cornishglos Fri 05-Feb-16 12:54:23

Cool. My nephew is ZAP.

jamtartandcustard Fri 05-Feb-16 13:50:12

I like it. When I got married my daughter decided to take her step-dads surname and rather then be known by her beautiful feminine name, she is known as BOB - her new initials.

BackforGood Fri 05-Feb-16 14:10:51

If anybody does notice (and how many of us know what another person's middle name is?) then actually it's not a bad thing to be "wow", so I'd use the names smile

QueenofallIsee Fri 05-Feb-16 14:15:45

My NN is the sound my initials make together, nowt wrong with that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now