Talk

Advanced search

Henry & Daisy

(16 Posts)
Sweetiepips Sat 30-Jan-16 16:37:17

Would you class these names as classics? Henry & Daisy!
What do you think? Suggestions welcome

TheCatsMeow Sat 30-Jan-16 16:53:24

I love Daisy. I like Henry but it's a bit posh sounding (like Benedict!) but it's a nice name, I wouldn't use it though

lovelychops Sat 30-Jan-16 17:08:14

Lovely names!

tinofbiscuits Sat 30-Jan-16 17:11:15

Both lovely names.

SatsukiKusakabe Sat 30-Jan-16 17:21:48

Yes, I think I would say they are.

I don't think Henry is considered that 'posh' anymore, I know a couple of around 5 and a baby, never any comments of this kind.

Daisy might have a surge with the new Star Wars movie, but lovely name.

tuilamum Sat 30-Jan-16 17:23:42

My brothers called Henry and it suits him very well and we're not posh! I like Henry better than Daisy but they're both harmless

LaceyLee Sat 30-Jan-16 17:44:26

Henry yes (8 kings after all...). Not Daisy really but it's well established and I like it. But if you're looking for a classic maybe something like Elizabeth, Anna, Charlotte, Katherine, Emma, Alice ... That's the sort of girls name I think of as classic.

NoncommittalToSparkleMotion Sat 30-Jan-16 17:47:06

Adorable pairing. Though I'd call Daisy more "vintage" than "classic"

nellyflora Sat 30-Jan-16 18:25:57

Yes both lovely and classic . You could go back a 100 years and meet a Henry and Daisy 🙂.
I don't see Henry as posh I know loads and was at school with a couple. It's just a normal boys name. I always think it's a bit of a naughty boys name actually as all the ones I know have been "spirited" and prince Harry (full name Henry) has not disproved by thoughts.
Nice names!

Paintedhandprints Sat 30-Jan-16 18:28:42

We've got Henry at the top of our lost at the moment.
Don't get the whole 'name is posh' thing.
Maybe we are posh?
Surely choosing a royals name is the 'poshest' you can get, but they are incredibly popular. smile

JingsAndCrivens Sat 30-Jan-16 18:36:49

Yes they sound like characters from an E Nesbit book.

Sweetiepips Sun 31-Jan-16 12:56:12

Great! loving the E Nesbit book comment!

pilates Sun 31-Jan-16 15:49:56

Henry is classic not so sure on Daisy

IAmAPaleontologist Sun 31-Jan-16 15:54:09

Henry is classic yes. Daisy was a "home name" or a scullery maid/peasant name. Margaret, from which Daisy is derived as a diminutive is a classic name. Not that that makes Daisy bad or a "lower class" name these days, just my brain doesn't put it in the same category of classic names as Henry. For me Daisy belongs in the same class as Molly and other old pet names which are now established as names in their own right.

cecilelliott Sun 31-Jan-16 19:52:02

Agree with the above- Henry def a classic, Daisy a classic "nickname" but Margaret more of a classic full name!

crispytruffle Mon 01-Feb-16 10:50:46

I like Henry but Daisy is just too popular for me. My DS has four of them in his class!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now