Tabitha Angela. As a first and middle name?

(22 Posts)
Cardboxed Mon 25-Jan-16 17:21:45

Angela has to stay as it's a family tradition thing so I guess what I'm asking is what first name do you think would gel well with Angela or even if Angela were to be the first name what would go well as a second corresponding name?

Thanks.

Borninthe60s Mon 25-Jan-16 17:39:12

I don't like tabitha sorry.

Cardboxed Mon 25-Jan-16 17:44:26

Thanks for response 60s Tabitha can go, I just thought it went well with Angela which has to stay.

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Mon 25-Jan-16 17:45:18

I love Tabetha! The repeated A sound is a bit clunky I guess but I think it's fine.

Frazzled2207 Mon 25-Jan-16 17:48:07

I like both names though i don't think ending and starting with an A - eg tabithaA-Angela is good.
If the first name ends with an a I think the next has to start with a consonant eg tabitha jane
Tabitha mary
Also tabitha being relatively fancy needs a plainer middle name!

IoraRua Mon 25-Jan-16 17:50:32

I don't like the repeated a sound with Tabitha and Angela together.

wonderpants Mon 25-Jan-16 17:50:52

I like Angela!
Don't worry too much if they go, they will rarely be used together!
Choose names you love!

NHKX2 Mon 25-Jan-16 19:14:04

I like Tabitha but agree that together with Angela it sounds clunky; that being said you'll rarely verbalise the full name together so if you can't find another name you love it shouldn't be a deal breaker. I love Angela and think it's under-utilised, so it would make a great first name.

trinitybleu Mon 25-Jan-16 19:18:46

I have a Tabitha and her middle name is also 3 syllables and begins with an A. We think it scans ok hmm

girlandboy Mon 25-Jan-16 19:21:15

I love Angela (it's my name!) grin

My middle name also has three syllables, which makes it a bit of a mouthful, so I'd go for something shorter.

However, if you use Angela as a middle name then I don't think Tabitha goes particularly well - too many "a's" going on.

Pick Angela as a first name though, there's not that many about!

nellyflora Mon 25-Jan-16 20:09:50

I like Tabitha and full names are rarly used so going doesn't really matter to be honest. But I think it's fine and at least it's not May, Rose or Grace and has meaning!

Sophronia Mon 25-Jan-16 23:11:26

I like Tabitha, and it's fine with Angela.

Vixxfacee Mon 25-Jan-16 23:17:53

Tabitha is pretty bad and both names end with same sound.

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Mon 25-Jan-16 23:56:13

Tabitha isn't really my style of name, so...

Grace Angela
Elise Angela
Emily Angela
Taylor Angela
Annie Angela

I think lots of names go nicely with Angela.

iciclewinter Tue 26-Jan-16 01:01:05

Angela is a lovely name and underused. Not keen on Tabitha and don't think it goes well with Angela as the vowels are the same A-I-A (I know it's an e in the middle of Angela but I'd say Ann-jill-a).

Angela Seren
Angela Ruby
Angela Coralie
Angela Megan
Angela Beatrice
Angela Florence
Angela Bethany
Angela Zoe

NoncommittalToSparkleMotion Tue 26-Jan-16 01:16:51

I like both names, but not together.

NoncommittalToSparkleMotion Tue 26-Jan-16 01:19:48

Dammit, hit post early.

Angela Zoe is lovely!

DiscordiaVanDiemen Tue 26-Jan-16 13:17:25

I think Angela Tabitha sounds much better than the other way round (because Angela begins and ends with a vowel)
I have 3 Christian names myself and they all end with an A grin

cheekstime Mon 01-Feb-16 16:20:45

Tabitha does reminds me of cats only :/.

Chloe?

EssentialHummus Mon 01-Feb-16 16:29:39

Another vote against the double "A" sound, sorry. I like all of whycant's suggestions.

MitzyLeFrouf Mon 01-Feb-16 16:42:45

Well I think the two names sound good together.

And personally I think you should go for the name you like the best rather than one that 'flows' better with Angela. People worry about that stuff way too much.

MamaMotherMummy Mon 01-Feb-16 17:53:36

Love it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now