Talk

Advanced search

First last name combination

(11 Posts)
robynrey23 Sat 23-Jan-16 11:54:34

Hi, we've finally come to a shortlist and hope we didn't overlook any dodgy issues with the combinations of first and last names or initials. Feedback gratefully appreciated on
Noah Bailey
Or Jonah or Nicholas as a first name
Middle name will be Timothy
Thanks in advance
Robyn

BettyBi0 Sat 23-Jan-16 15:25:44

I'd go for Jonah as there are millions of Noahs around now

hawaiibaby Sat 23-Jan-16 15:59:04

Noah is our choice if baby is a boy. I was at first put off by how popular it is but it's a beautiful name and I think it's more important to choose one that is right for you than because of a place in the charts!

So Noah for me, second choice would be Jonah, I'm not keen on Nicholas personally.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sat 23-Jan-16 16:04:59

I love Nicholas, really underused right now, and Nico or Nick are very cool nicknames.

Conundrumparpapumpum Sat 23-Jan-16 17:47:36

I like Nicholas. Nick Bailey sounds good.

magpie17 Sat 23-Jan-16 17:50:21

I prefer Nicholas. Noah and Jonah are very 'now' and that would put me off.

Sophronia Sun 24-Jan-16 00:09:50

Love Nicholas.

robynrey23 Sun 24-Jan-16 18:08:51

Thanks everyone, NB or NTB are ok initials right?

hawaiibaby, I know, everyone on here says Noah is too popular, but I think I would regret not using it

hawaiibaby Sun 24-Jan-16 18:21:04

I definitely think it's more important to use a name you love rather than one from the list you don't like as much but isn't as popular - I too think we'd regret it. It's popular for a reason after all!

DH is a David and was one of 2 or 3 throughout school, said it didn't bother him at all. I had an unusual name and hated it so that isn't always what's right for the child!

PS - Initials seem fine to me!

iciclewinter Sun 24-Jan-16 18:52:09

Nicholas Jonah

strawberrypenguin Sun 24-Jan-16 18:57:45

I love Noah - DH has vetoed it here. It's a lovely name and those initials are fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now