Max?

(10 Posts)
maybebabybee Fri 15-Jan-16 14:27:07

Is Max still super popular? I love it but I might be put off using it if there are going to be 10 other Max's in his class at school etc.

Any other suggestions?

Ilovegummibears Fri 15-Jan-16 14:38:16

Yes, very popular around here. It's been quite trendy for a while.

toffeeboffin Fri 15-Jan-16 14:39:18

i have a Max!

Love it.

But don't live in the UK - not popular here.

It's nice for a baby, nice for a teen and nice for an adult.

Love it!

maybebabybee Fri 15-Jan-16 14:45:12

I know it was trendy, just wondered if it was still trendy as most boy babies I've known recently have been called Finn, Hugo, Rory, Noah, Oscar etc etc.

I don't know if it being popular is enough to put me off as I think it's such a good name, was just curious really.

nextusername Fri 15-Jan-16 14:58:26

I only know of one young Max.

Ringadingdingdong Fri 15-Jan-16 15:01:46

I have a Max. Only know of one other. IMO it will be more timeless than the Alfie, Archie, Noah, Freddie's etc.

Lebkuchenlover Fri 15-Jan-16 15:08:26

I know quite a lot of little Maxs (or Maxes?) - there are 2 in my ds's class of 17. It has become quite popular and will eventually fall out of favour and perhaps start to sound a little dated.

Personally I'd choose something a little less trendy and more timeless, but if you really love it, go for it!

maybebabybee Fri 15-Jan-16 15:14:16

lebkuchen like what, out of interest? I don't like stuff like Edward, Henry, Michael etc....

Quite like Thomas but there are 3 million Toms in my family.

mrsschu Fri 15-Jan-16 16:30:48

I only know of 2 Max's (or maybe 3 actually) and I'm in London. I like it. I don't think it's particularly faddy and therefore I don't think it'll become dated necessarily. I wouldn't let the popularity of it put you off.

tiggy2610 Sat 16-Jan-16 07:32:09

DS is a Max (well, Maximilian but we only save that for when he's about to eat the cat food or put him finger in a plug socket) HV said she had about 3 Maxs born the same time as DS so was expecting to see them everywhere. After a year of various baby 'classes' I've still not come across another Max.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now